Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 1 yr old English Bulldog last Tuesday and took her to the vet over the weekend for a checkup. Her previous owners assured me she was healthy, but after a $250 vet bill due to a yeast infection in both ears and a bladder infection, I was quite upset. What on earth causes these types of infections? I don't want this poor little girl to have to go through anything like that again. She is on 3 types of meds and a special food for her her bladder.

·
Registered
14,577 Posts
bonnieseymour said:
I just got a 1 yr old English Bulldog last Tuesday and took her to the vet over the weekend for a checkup. Her previous owners assured me she was healthy, but after a $250 vet bill due to a yeast infection in both ears and a bladder infection, I was quite upset. What on earth causes these types of infections? I don't want this poor little girl to have to go through anything like that again. She is on 3 types of meds and a special food for her her bladder.

I'm sure she is healthy, as her previous owners stated. Sometimes $hit just happens. And it's expensive. :(

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
I am not a professional with EBs by any means, but I do know that yeast infections are not uncommon in bullies..along with bladder infections...maybe her previous owners just overlooked it..or have not had her in the vets for awhile..

We have some EB peoples on the forum and they may be able to help U out..

e

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
yeast infection could had come on from getting a bladder infection. most bullies are proned to yeast infections of the ears, mine a apbt is on meds for another one, this being her 2nd.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts