Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He started limping yesterday and by bedtime he was walking on 3 legs. He was also whimpering every once and awhile. We have a vet appt. this afternoon. I carried this 50+ pound baby up and down my stairs (lost count of how many times) and outside to potty and downstairs to be with us, etc. My daughter said he is putting weight on it this morning (I'm at work). I will still be taking him in...he gets his last set of shots today anyway. He is really clumsy....trips down the stairs sometimes. ?? Hopefully it is nothing serious. I was reading all the posts on hip dysplaysia last night and about cried. He is just 16 weeks old. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,754 Posts
Silver said:
He started limping yesterday and by bedtime he was walking on 3 legs. He was also whimpering every once and awhile. We have a vet appt. this afternoon. I carried this 50+ pound baby up and down my stairs (lost count of how many times) and outside to potty and downstairs to be with us, etc. My daughter said he is putting weight on it this morning (I'm at work). I will still be taking him in...he gets his last set of shots today anyway. He is really clumsy....trips down the stairs sometimes. ?? Hopefully it is nothing serious. I was reading all the posts on hip dysplaysia last night and about cried. He is just 16 weeks old. :(
I hope he's okay - sounds a lot like when Mags tore her ACL :( I had to carry her 40 lbs ass up and down the stairs for WEEKS!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man, I thought I was going to send us both tumbling down the stairs. Big ole dog.
What did they do for her ACL?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,658 Posts
Silver said:
Man, I thought I was going to send us both tumbling down the stairs. Big ole dog.
What did they do for her ACL?
From what i have heard (or read) it depends on how bad the tear is. If it's torn completely then surgery, if not then crate for a long time and no exercise until it has heeled. But bodazafa would probably have more info then me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,754 Posts
peeblerelf said:
Silver said:
Man, I thought I was going to send us both tumbling down the stairs. Big ole dog.
What did they do for her ACL?
From what i have heard (or read) it depends on how bad the tear is. If it's torn completely then surgery, if not then crate for a long time and no exercise until it has heeled. But bodazafa would probably have more info then me.
Exactly - depends on severity of the tear. Do a search in the forum - there are several threads going into detail about ACL injuries and surgeries. Mags had to have surgery because hers was completely torn.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys...Zeus has a sprained knee. The vet said it was swollen and hot. He also has a rash all over his tummy (maybe allergic to grass?) that she said looked like it was getting infected in some places. SO...he is on antibiotic for that and Rimadyl (sp?) for the inflamation and pain. He seems to be feeling better, he went up the stairs by himself. THANK GOODNESS. :lol: Thank you everyone for your concern! I was so scared it was hip dysplasia.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top