Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think I've posted that Molly had bi-lateral cherry eye surgery 7 days ago. The eyes definately look alot better than they did but I'm still not totally happy. There's something telling me that somethings not quit right yet. I've had my vet for quit a long time. But I am concerned about how conservatively he's been treating Molly. I'm not exactly sure that he's the right vet for my two babies. EB's kinda require a certain vet.

So tomorrow I am taking her to see another vet to get another opinion. Am I over reacting? I don't think it could hurt just to ease my mind and make sure she's ok. Plus we have had the concern of an elongated soft palete but he seems very slow on this issue. And from what I read it can be life threatening.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
bearsmom said:
Am I over reacting?
Definitely not. Not every vet is right for every pet (and some vets just plain suck!), and it's very responsible of you to try to find the right fit for your babies.

Wishing Molly a speedy recovery!
I agree I just had to swich vets myself. give her a big hug for me!

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
You can never be too safe when it comes to your doggies :D I hope molly recovers fast!!

Just curous how is cherry eye contracted?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Obelisk said:
You can never be too safe when it comes to your doggies :D I hope molly recovers fast!!

Just curous how is cherry eye contracted?

It's believed to be partially due to a weakness of the connective tissue attachment of the tear gland. The tear duct becomes blocked and obstructs tear flow. After a few days it begins to swell because now an infection has begun.

Here's pictures and info on it.
http://bulldogsworld1.homestead.com/CherryEye~ns4.html

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
when I was at the vet last weekend a lady had her bullie there and he had like severe cherry eye but I felt bad for the guy because I guess over night it started to bleed out, sot hats why she brought him in... Its sad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts