Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Harley was spayed about a week ago. The inscision looks good, shes eating and drinking pretty well, and acting normal for the most part. What I'm a tad concerned about is we just noticed that when you touch her belly near the inscicion it's hard . It's like a huge rock inside her belly. Is this normal? She goes on Monday to have her sutures removed.

Kelly

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
I think it probably is, depending on exactly how large the spot is. Scar tissue forms and it is really hard. It diminishes with time, but can take several months. I'm sure your vet will let you know when you take her in to have the sutures removed.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I agree. I believe it's just scar tissue forming around the incision site. Make sure that she doesn't lick there. I know it's easier said than done. My girl got an infection but it wasn't from licking. Bad spay job. I took six months and steriods to get her belly to be where it should be. The steriods broke up most of the scar tissue. She's better now where that is concerned. Don't worry though, Harley will be fine!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts