Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this may be a stupid question (oops there are no stupid questions...can you tell that I am a teacher :D ), but if you have a dog that is already housetrained, and then you get a puppy, is housetraining easier with the puppy? What I mean is, does the puppy learn from the older dog? Some day, hopefully soon, I will get another dog, so I am just curious.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I would say for me most definately yes housebreaking was easier with a 2nd pup when I have a fully housebroken one already. It seemed Molly had no problem taking to it. She just followed Bear outside. She's even ringing the bell already. The only problem I had was her peeing in her crate and as soon as I took the blanket out she has not done it since. Basically the housebreaking has been a breeze with the 2nd. Now that I'm probably jinxing myself, I would say at 5 months I'm 95% sure she's housebroken.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Absolutely! And the third was even easier. LOL :lol: Seriously, though, they do pick up from the others.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'd tend to agree with everyone here. Yemi is fairly good she is about 12 weeks now and does most if not all of it outside. Last night she even went through the night. (don't suppose that will last ) I'm sure my old dog is getting fed up sharing a kitchen with a dog that pees all night :lol:

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is good to know! Thanks for the replies!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts