Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never had a puppy as young as Chance (~5 months)...so I have a kinda dumb question.

Is it normal for them to have umm - I guess "relapses" would be the best word to describe it - during potty training? He does very well for a week or two, even asking to be let out, then he poops in the house two days in a row (yesterday and today).

We never correct him after the fact - only if we catch him doing it - haven't changed the routine at all and try to be as consistant as we can. We let him out every couple hours unless he's crated, every time he starts sniffing the floor and of course every time he asks to go out. He gets a treat and lots of praise every time he goes out and does his business.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hello,

I feel your pain. Tashia is 8 weeks old and I try to take her out every few hours, but she never poops outside. She will pee but as soon as I bring her in she goes in the house. I try to stand outside and wait but she just whines about the cold and jumps all over my leg. If I walk out into the grass she stays on the sidewalk. She hates walking in the cold wet grass. Its driving me crazy. But, I was never ever one to have patience. I suppose she is going to teach me.

Goodluck, keep us updated if you figure out the technique.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts