Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to let any other Aussie Forum members that there is an exciting new place in Australia that sells premium dog food! Not sure about any of you but I find it SO hard to find places that sell premium dog food apart from Eukanuba and Iams (which is not good!)

It's an internet place - the site is www.pawsonly.com.au

They sell foods like Eagle Pack and Dick Van Pattens, and deliver by post to all of Australia, and will HAND DELIVER to Sydney residents (like myself!) - FOR FREE!.

On Monday, I placed an order for a pack of DVP online, for a VERY reasonable price, and it was hand delivered to my home last night by a really nice Paws Only staff member, together with a complimentary pack of doggy treats for Patch!

I am SOOOO impressed with their service, and would recommend all other Aussie Forum members to purchase from this company!

I just had to share my excitement!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Miakoda said:
Wow. Why in the heck is dog food so dang expensive down there? :shock:
Are you keeping in mind that the prices are in AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS not American dollars....

$1 australian is about 75cents US

so i paid $45 for 6 kg, which would be about $35 American dollars

i think it's expensive... but you have to pay that for good dog food here!

what are the prices like in the USA? I'm curious!?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,013 Posts
So that's 13.2 lbs for $35 (USD) - holy crap.

A 35 lb (15.9 kg) bag of DVP here is usually under $40 (USD). I guess you're paying for the shipping, but sheesh.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chrisnjen said:
So that's 13.2 lbs for $35 (USD) - holy crap.

A 35 lb (15.9 kg) bag of DVP here is usually under $40 (USD). I guess you're paying for the shipping, but sheesh.
Gees!!!! Are you serious?
No wonder the whole premium dog food thing isn't as big down here!
We spend a fortune on food!!!!!!

That's why i get laughed at when i tell people how much i spend on Patch's food!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
16,022 Posts
Patch said:
Miakoda said:
Wow. Why in the heck is dog food so dang expensive down there? :shock:
Are you keeping in mind that the prices are in AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS not American dollars....

$1 australian is about 75cents US

so i paid $45 for 6 kg, which would be about $35 American dollars

i think it's expensive... but you have to pay that for good dog food here!

what are the prices like in the USA? I'm curious!?
Eagle Pack Super Premium Dog Food Natural Formula
16.5 lbs $18.49 USD or $23.11 Australian
33 lbs-- $33.99 USD or $42.99 Australian


Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Ultra Premium Dog Food

17 lbs. $20.99 USD or $26.24 Australian
35 lbs. $36.99 USD or $55.49 Australian



Quick Metric Conversion

http://www.worldwidemetric.com/metcal.htm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gazar said:
Patch said:
Miakoda said:
Wow. Why in the heck is dog food so dang expensive down there? :shock:
Are you keeping in mind that the prices are in AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS not American dollars....

$1 australian is about 75cents US

so i paid $45 for 6 kg, which would be about $35 American dollars

i think it's expensive... but you have to pay that for good dog food here!

what are the prices like in the USA? I'm curious!?
Eagle Pack Super Premium Dog Food Natural Formula
16.5 lbs $18.49 USD or $23.11 Australian
33 lbs-- $33.99 USD or $42.99 Australian


Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Ultra Premium Dog Food

17 lbs. $20.99 USD or $26.24 Australian
35 lbs. $36.99 USD or $55.49 Australian



Quick Metric Conversion

http://www.worldwidemetric.com/metcal.htm
Gosh so we are literally paying DOUBLE down here!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
16,022 Posts
Yes - but look on the bright side - you have koala Bears and Kangaroos :wink:
A beautiful country and an accent I would give my left tooth to have. Gotta love it.
:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
gazar said:
Yes - but look on the bright side - you have koala Bears and Kangaroos :wink:
A beautiful country and an accent I would give my left tooth to have. Gotta love it.
:D
Correction: Koalas, NOT Koala Bears (they're not bears).
And yes, i wouldn't want to live anywhere else.
But what do you mean 'accent'?
YOU guys are the ones with the accents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :lol: :lol:
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top