Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked at just a few profiles, and am wondering why there's no doggie profile info. I think it would be helpful to have a place for type of dog, age, height, weight. That way when we see replies to our posts, we'd know a little about the repliers experience. For example, when I posted a question about dog houses, a number of repliers noted they don't own them, their dog is always inside. Well, were they EB owners (understand keeping those little buggers in), or Am Bulldog owners (mine, though only a pup, loves it in and out)? Since this forum is about the dogs, I'd love to know about the members dogs.

Thanks for your consideration.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Someone else brought up posting your experience as an owner but it is not a requirement. To have a dog profile I would guess would be some serious progarm changes to the board...You can PM Root and see what he has to say about it bc he woudl be the one to do it,

I am an AB owner too but I keep my girl inside, I live in apt but even if i lived in a house she would be inside. EVERYTIME I walk her someone tells me to keep an eye on he or someone will steal her :shock: AB's, Pit bulls, etc are a hot commodity and they are stolen a lot, also a lot of cruelity happens when you deal with the anti-bully people!!!! There have been a couple of dog thefts of the board.........THere is nothing wrong with them being outside this is just my preferrence

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will message Root. It shouldn't be a major programing deal, just add a few more lines to the profile database. New people can fill it out when they sign up, existing members could go back and add the info. As far as maybe taking up server space, I'm sure it would be less space than the pictures, banners, and signatures take up. Thanks for the advice.

How do I get in touch with Root ?

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
I like that idea.
Most banners (mine included) only give names of the dogs, not
the breed. With some of these bullies, i cant tell if they are pit or am bull or what. :?
I'd at least like the profile to have a space to list what
breed dogs you own.

·
Super Moderator
16,023 Posts

Go to the index and mouse onto his name. Then send him a pm when his profile comes up.
If you look at my profile where the location would go, I put this info in that spot.

For example, when I posted a question about dog houses, a number of repliers noted they don't own them, their dog is always inside. Well, were they EB owners (understand keeping those little buggers in), or Am Bulldog owners (mine, though only a pup, loves it in and out)? Since this forum is about the dogs, I'd love to know about the members dogs.

Most of us have our signature banners at the bottom of our posts which have our
dogs pictures in them. This lets you know what kind of bulldogs we have. 95% of us have
some form of bulldog, AB, APBT, Staffie, EB, OEB, French or a mix of these.

Here is a site with some EB info.
:D http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/bulldog.htm

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
tycosales said:
I will message Root. It shouldn't be a major programing deal, just add a few more lines to the profile database. New people can fill it out when they sign up, existing members could go back and add the info. As far as maybe taking up server space, I'm sure it would be less space than the pictures, banners, and signatures take up. Thanks for the advice.

Most of the photos are hosted somewhere else and then posted here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.