Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the prong collar, swivel kind or whatever and have heard great things from you guys that use it. Okay, well, I really want to take her for a walk with it, but I don't want to use it the wrong way. Can someone tell me how to put it on and use it and the whole bit? I have no experience with this type of color so any advice is kindly accepted.

Oh yeah, and it's kinf of loose, like when I put on Abby in the house and left it there with no leash attached or anything, it went inside out with the prongs sticking out. Should I take some links out? And how should it fit?

Oh and any good links about how to use it would be great too.

THANKS!

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kogeki said:
Thanks Thom! Great site!

Thanks Cookie mom too! I saw that picture on a site, but it was still a little unclear to me.

Well I just came back from taking Abby on a short walk with the prong, I had it on wrong and it was sagging :oops: LOL, but i'll fix it. The great news is, she didn't pull once! She stayed at my side the whole time, I was really surprised, I have never ever seen her so behaved. The prong collar DOES work wanders. Even the Gentle Leader didn't work as well is that, at least for Abby it didn't. I should have got this a lone time ago.....

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Damn, I am so jealous. I wish the prong collar worked on Rosco!!!! :banghead:

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
The ecollar will sometimes work, depending on the drive he is in. Now you know why he isn't SCH I titled yet!!!! ](*,)

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
What is a good brand to get? FAith is amost 14 months old and weighs 36.5 pounds.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Faith Marie said:
What is a good brand to get? FAith is amost 14 months old and weighs 36.5 pounds.
With a dog that size I would recommend the small prongs. You can purchase them from K9toolbox. I know the owner personally and he is great to deal with. He is from Canada but all his prices are in US dollars and he ships to Americans all the time.

Unfortunately he doesn't have the small prongs in stainless steel or Currogan but he does have the chrome plated ones. He sells them for $12 but make sure you measure your dogs neck first and make sure with Chris that it will be big enough. It should be but if it isn't he sells extra links.

Here is the page with his prong collars. Look under chrome plated. They are the 2.25 mm ones.

http://www.k9toolbox.com/sprenger/index.html

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Lisa said:
Faith Marie said:
With a dog that size I would recommend the small prongs. You can purchase them from K9toolbox. I know the owner personally and he is great to deal with. He is from Canada but all his prices are in US dollars and he ships to Americans all the time.

Unfortunately he doesn't have the small prongs in stainless steel or Currogan but he does have the chrome plated ones. He sells them for $12 but make sure you measure your dogs neck first and make sure with Chris that it will be big enough. It should be but if it isn't he sells extra links.

Here is the page with his prong collars. Look under chrome plated. They are the 2.25 mm ones.

Where would you measure at around her neck? Thanks for the info.

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Lisa said:
Faith Marie said:

k9toolbox is great. I just placed an order with them.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Oh man, I just got my stuff from him, and I thought it was in Canadian money, Darnit, I thought I got lucky #-o

1 - 17 of 17 Posts