Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
i remember it being that the choke collar was the one that did this not the prong, the prong puts an even amount of pressure on the neck unlike the choke does

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
I just bought Buster a new collar for Easter and it acts like a choke/ prong but it is nylon.It is like the martingale collar( not sure if I have the name right or not) I prefer this collar over the other two.I'll get a picture of it and post it.When pulled it distributes the choke evenly like the prong but it has no prongs.It says it is called the limited choke collar,will not over tighten like chain collars.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Chokes can cause damage to their tracheas. Prongs are safe but you have to make sure you use them correctly. We actually picked up a prong today. Its the best.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok

Everything is so new this days I tryed out the prong collar today I made sur the fit was right and didn't put it over the head and it was up high behind the ears like you are suppose to do It came back to me. and now i remember why I used them on my dobies it was instant control. they don't pull at all. just walk nice by my left leg like I want. it was so nice. with slack in the leash. and I took the worst puller for a walk I walked him by a squirrel to test him out. nothing he didn't even try to run after it. I am so happy I can go for nice walks now.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Re: ok

halo said:
Everything is so new this days I tryed out the prong collar today I made sur the fit was right and didn't put it over the head and it was up high behind the ears like you are suppose to do It came back to me. and now i remember why I used them on my dobies it was instant control. they don't pull at all. just walk nice by my left leg like I want. it was so nice. with slack in the leash. and I took the worst puller for a walk I walked him by a squirrel to test him out. nothing he didn't even try to run after it. I am so happy I can go for nice walks now.
That's great news! I know the feeling, it's such relief. I've never heard of a prong collar though, how do they work?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I use a prong collar

I had no choice but to use a prong collar on my Pit. He's so aggressive to dogs when they are being walked by him, it keeps him under control. Plus I've been working with his aggression and it is slowly getting better. The Prong collar, or the Pincher Collar, or the German Collar are all the same thing. In PA we call it the Pinch collar because it gives them a little pinch when you put on it. Nothing horrible, but it is very safe and very affective. A fell pit bull owner recommended it to me and I thanked her over and over again. I can now walk my son in the stroller and my the dog at the same time. The answer to my prayers!

dani

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I swear by the prong, too. Just read yesterday they are not harmful, even though they look menacing. I used to wear gloves to walk Harley, sh'e so strong. Now we use the prong, and presto-chango no pulling. Great invention.

·
Registered
112 Posts
what is a prong collar????????????

ive heard a lot of people talking about this what is it? ive heard of a choke chain i didnt think they slod them any more shirley :roll:

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
A prong collar is made of metal, like a slip chain. On the inside it has prongs that are about 1" long. When the dog pulls, it tightens like a slip (choke) collar, and the prongs pinch the neck of the dog a bit. The result is the dog pulling MUCH less b/c it's more uncomfortable for him. Again, they should not be used as an "everyday" collar, but as a training tool.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts