Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI I HAVE PUPPIES THATS 3WEEKS OLD THEY BARKING AT EACH OTHER THEY EVEN BITEING EACH OTHER WITH NO TEETH WHEN I TRY 2 HOLD THEM THEY EVEN GROWL AT ME I MEAN IS THIS A MAJOR PROBLEM ARE WHAT

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
They are being puppies. At this age they are beginning to learn their pecking order & are learning the rules of life. Don't be surprised when they jump on momma & she lets them have it. It's all in the name of the game.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I know momma dog is supposed to reprimand, but is the human supposed to also?
Like if you're holding a puppy and it's doing something bad, should the human correct it at that age?

I never dealt with puppies so I have no clue, just curious (might come in handy if I ever have to care for pups).

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
PitBullRoyalty said:
I know momma dog is supposed to reprimand, but is the human supposed to also?
Like if you're holding a puppy and it's doing something bad, should the human correct it at that age?

I never dealt with puppies so I have no clue, just curious (might come in handy if I ever have to care for pups).
I wouldn't at that age. At that age, the pups are just learning that they can make noise & they don't know the difference b/n humans & other pups yet. At around 5 weeks "yes", 3 weeks "no". Let them be pups.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Thanks Miakoda, you never know when I may end up having to care for orphaned pups.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.