Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8 puppies in all, everyone is well, just real tired!

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Glad to hear everyone is well. :)

·
Banned
3,926 Posts
:lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D pic soon as you get a chance please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The cam is at the store a we speak. She started hard labor at 11:30 last night(figures!!!) Had her first at 1:35, then another an hour later, another 1/2 hour later, and another at 4am. Then, I pass out next to her and awake 2 hours later and find a total of 8! How could I have not heard a thing????I was two feet from her! Pry cuz the first was so hard and so rough, the rest just fell out, but still took their own sweet time! She knew what to do, she is doing great right now! But she is looking at me like"You are kidding-right??" Like shes already ready to pull her hair out!

Every past article/search/etc that I have read told me that a blue/blk blood line X red nose will produce black/white pups as red is no way near as dominant as blk!!Guess what???They're wrong! Got 3 blk/white w/ a real red tinge to them, 3 red nose and two chocolates! Weird! I have people betting on not a single rednose!!!Hahahaha.

They are all doing well. The rambunctious one,(I could tell right off) Is a female, blk/white. All the while in her belly the past few weeks,I have felt a hellion, it had to be her.

Gonna go rest for awhile, pics will be here soon!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way as I'm just laying the truth out there.

If this was truly an accidental breeding, then the responsible thing to have done would have been to have had a spay/abort procedure done on your bitch after you found out she was pregnant. Now there are 8 more "pit bulls" in the world of unkown pedigree that have the capability of producing thousands more puppies. Not only that, there are no homes yet for these dogs. It's just a damn shame.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Miakoda said:

If this was truly an accidental breeding, then the responsible thing to have done would have been to have had a spay/abort procedure done on your bitch after you found out she was pregnant. Now there are 8 more "pit bulls" in the world of unkown pedigree that have the capability of producing thousands more puppies. Not only that, there are no homes yet for these dogs. It's just a darn shame.
AMEN!!!!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> Thanks for not having to make me say it..

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
She knows the ped. of here dogs and its a good ped...this has all been said already and it has been explained before. I think you should just lay off her!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Miakoda said:

If this was truly an accidental breeding, then the responsible thing to have done would have been to have had a spay/abort procedure done on your bitch after you found out she was pregnant. Now there are 8 more "pit bulls" in the world of unkown pedigree that have the capability of producing thousands more puppies. Not only that, there are no homes yet for these dogs. It's just a darn shame.

Yes Mia, there is nothing anyone else can tell me that has not already been said to me before, Im sure you recently read that at the other site though, just wanted to make that clear. And the pedigree is well known, not your preference, but is a good one.

Dont you go worrying yourself about these babies, they will be placed accordingly. But-thank you for your opinion. :D

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
pictures

First off Id like to explain that all the pics did not turn out, and the stupid camera seemes to have taken the pics at an off angel. What I saw in the lens is not what came out in the pics, you will see. I have another camera that lets you view the pics and delete as you take them. But here are some for now.

[/img]

[/img]
before birth, beginning labor

CHUBBY GIRL!

[/img]

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
How cute. Glad she pulled through okay, and I hope they all find terrific forever homes. I'm not sure if you saw my question in another thread, are you keeping first pick? I'd love to see one of them grow up! I'm sure they will be great looking dogs.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Dixie is gorgeous. I love the brown pups. They are beautiful! You weren't kidding when you said she got huge. Man she looks like a whale in the pics! Glad everything is fine. Keep me posted on their progress! :D

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LuvaBULL said:
How cute. Glad she pulled through okay, and I hope they all find terrific forever homes. I'm not sure if you saw my question in another thread, are you keeping first pick? I'd love to see one of them grow up! I'm sure they will be great looking dogs.
Not sure yet, but probably.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I just want to tell you that Dixie is a beautiful dog. She has a look that is so catchy. Would make my head turn if I saw her walking down the street. She has a face of gentlness and look at her looking at her pup. She will be a good mom

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
sajoseph said:
Miakoda said:

Yes Mia, there is nothing anyone else can tell me that has not already been said to me before, Im sure you recently read that at the other site though, just wanted to make that clear. And the pedigree is well known, not your preference, but is a good one.

Dont you go worrying yourself about these babies, they will be placed accordingly. But-thank you for your opinion. :D
Actually, my posts here have nothing to do with what is said on that "other" site. I looked up the entire situation myself.

So let me restate myself: More "pit bulls" have been produced from parents that have done nothing to prove they are even breeding quality except posess the necessary reproductive organs. Who cares about a pretty ped? I'd love to see the pedigree on both dogs. And did y'all even study the 2 dogs to see if they were a compatible match? Nope, b/c neither is proven to be the best of the best in terms of breed representation.

One more question. Do you plan to spay/neuter all the pups BEFORE they are sold to their new homes? If not, then how are you being responsible that "accidental" situations like yours won't happen again?

A back yard breeder is a back yard breeder is a back yard breeder. And back yard breeders are destroying the breed faster than the government ever could.

And I find it an absolute shame to have to hear people exclaim "Oh! I hope they find good forever homes!". Seems like this situation should have been handled responsibly & all the dogs should already HAVE their responsible homes. As for her being pretty, she is. But so are 99.999% of the dogs I have to tell that to before I have to kill them (euthanasia folks). They were products of "pretty" dogs too that no one wanted for various reasons.

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Miakoda, no disrespect -- but we've beat this dead horse for way too long. What's done is done. We can at least celebrate the fact that she made it through birth safely, 8 puppies were born healthy, and I know she probably already found homes for them, or at least will shortly. Even though we were all angry or disgusted about the situation, we all care about Dixie, and we're all glad she's doing well. No one can argue that. I'm not CONDONING this breeding in any way, shape, or form, as I've already made my harsh opinions known. But there's no sense in repeating what's been drilled into her over and over. She's an adult, she made her decision, and these are the consequences. She has to deal with it, and sleep with it, not us.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts