Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

My Staffordshire Bull Terrier - Meg - is 4 and a half months old.

We're currently feeding her 3 times a day: half a 300g tin of puppy food in the morning, some dry 'complete' biscuits in the afternoon, and the other half of the tin in the evening.

She always seems to munch the lot very quickly, and is often still looking for food when she's finished - therefore I'm guessing it's time to up her amount a little?

My other query is when do we actually switch from puppy food to adult food?

Hopefully with all the experience on this forum you'll have the answers. :)

Thanks very much in advance, and have a happy Easter.

Kieron.
Birmingham, UK.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
There's a lot of debate around this. Some people say puppy food is just a marketing gimmick; some say it's necessary for their growing bones and muscles. If you're feeding her a high quality food, an "all life stages" formula should suffice, and you should be able to take her off of the puppy food now (a slow transition over the course of a couple of weeks.) I took my dog off of puppy food at about 7 months of age, and she has done very well since. She eats a high quality food with a supplement called Missing Link.

I'd recommend some documentation (Google searches) before making the decision on switching her to adult food. I'm sure you'll see that there are a lot of differing opinions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts