Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i have an 8 week american bulldog. i feed her three meals a day equaling just under 2 cups. well this evening my son filled our 120 pound akita's bowl with to much dog food about 5 cups. well our bulldog got to it and cleaned house. she is now extremely bloated. all this food on top of her 3 meals.. i took her water bowl away for now im concerend about the food expanding in her belly? what should i do? no vet's open to call for advice? any info would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
634 Posts
i would take my pup tp the vet but in that is not an opshion try and make him poop a lot let him have a little water verry verry little i would stay up with him all knight keep an eye on him some times when they eat that much they will throw it up it just to much for his stomic

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
I've had dogs all my life and that has happened to mine many, many times. They look like stuffed sausages for a day, then they poop it all out, and they're fine. :D Seriously though, if you're concerned, watch him carefully throughout the night and call your vet first thing in the morning. But I think he'll be ok!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Won't it help the digestion and passing it on through if the dog gets some water? All that dry and not much water could be bd too, JMO.

·
Registered
106 Posts
i have a solution

take your pup out side and try to get him to kinda run or excercise he will definately poop afterwards my dog still does it lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks everyone after alot of exercise today she lost the pig belly. i fed her half her daily intake today seeing is how she ate enough for 3 day's. she will be 9 weeks tomorrow and wheighs in at 19 pounds. her parents were both around 100 pounds. does it seem like she will be a 100 pound female? she's johnson type. both parents werent fat at all lean and muscular looking freakish actualy!. i just want to know if this weight is uncommon? anyone else have or heard of a 19 pound 9 week femal.? thanks again for all your help. im really glad i found this sight!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts