Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our new guy has been home for 7 days now and still seems to have occasional diarrhea. Called the breeder and he said this is normal as he needs to get used to his new enviornment, etc. He goes from the cream cheese poop to the real watery poop. We are getting him to the vet next week(first opening) for check up, but wanted to get other opinons / experiences.

We have him on Nutro Lamb/Rice Puppy food now.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
How old is he? Has he been wormed? He may still be dealing with worms. Most pups have to be dewormed three times before they get rid of them completely. Is his belly bloated?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He is 9 weeks old and has had his Deworming Shots - looks like he got his last one right before we picked him up. His belly does look a little bloated.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Until Lincoln was about 5 months did he start not being so sensitive to any changes what so ever. Everything cause him to have the runs. As he grew up his stomach got stronger. I think this is normal, because we also went to our vet about this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Same problem

I am having problems with diarrhea too. I have spent hundreds of dollars in trying to help my baby get better. He has mange and that's what started the problems. We gave him medicine from the vet's office and I think that's what gave him his upset stomach. Then it got worse and then it got a little better but still no solid BM. Back to vet we go. Now he has to stay for an eval for two days. Almost two weeks later, we're back again. Now we're trying more medicine. Now what should I do? Keep pumping him with meds or try to work out the diarrhea myself? I heard that hamburger meat and brown rice help diarrhea. What should I do? ANY ideas or advice would help me very much and my poor Tucker's bum and tummy.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Could be giardia it is a parasite that is often overlooked by Vets that causes nasty Diarrhea.......It can go on for months..........I don't know about hamburger meat but rice does help Diarrhea

1 - 6 of 6 Posts