Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if theres already been a thread o this but can you guys recommend an easy surefire way to puppy pad train my 8 week old bullie, I realize it will take time but I have no clue how to start..

thanks

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't bother with the puppy pads. I find that to be very confusing to the dogs. I can pee on the floor over here, but not over here?

Are you crate training? If not I highly recommed you do.

Keep in mind, 8 weeks old is very young and you have alot of work ahead of you, as far as potty training goes. I think my dogs were around 4 mos old before they were fully housebroken.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
i only used the puppy pads in the crate when baylee was young. it helped b/c the breeder had her paper trained kinda.... so it was a lot easier to clean up.....

i would only recommend it in his crate, you can use newspapers too.... i just didn't have any. once he's 4 months old, he should do pretty good with holding it...

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I dont want to let him know its ok to pee or potty in the house but I eventually would like to just put up a baby gate which I already have at top os stairs and let him roam around the top floor so he's not confined to a bathroom.. I mean he has plenty of room in bathroom just a thought.. I am in process of caret training him but since this is my first time doing so i feel like im not doing it right...

Right now I take him out every 15 minutes just to get him in habit of going out back and why we are doing so.. Once he's done eating I take him out and first thing when he wakes up...

He's only in his crate at night when were sleeping or when were watching a movie or having him take a nap..etc

So any recommendations on what I can do to crate train him better? My main prob is Im away from home from 6am till 6pm everyday so i definitely CANNOT leave him locked up that long but I guess I can section off his crate just small enough to lay down and turn and leave the pads down in bathroom for him to go on??

Yes I know its alot fo work and hes young but I want to start right

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Is there nobody who can check on him and let him out every couple hours while you are gone? Crate training is definately easiest. I would have him in there rather then the whole bathroom.

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya no doubt its the best but unfortunately theirs no one available..at least within driving distance like 5 or 10 minutes and with gas as much as it is I cant afford to pay someone elses gas bill to have a consistent baby sitter

Im gonna try keeping him in our room tonight in his crate and see how he does but I doubt he can hold it even if I take him out before bed which is usually round 11pm and I wake up round 5am

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.