Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this has happened maybe 3 times in the past 3 months... Jesse is almost 5 months old.

Just now, he was outside with neo, sat on the sidewalk in our back yard.... and started peeing sitting-down, as if he didn't realize it! When he realized it, he hopped up, still dribbling a little, and went over onto the grass and finished up.

Another time, during a boring portion of puppy class when the trainer was just talking, he was laying down all spread-eagled as bullies do. The kid next to me pointed at him and I thought he was just pointing out how cute he was, but then I noticed a puddle forming! :shock: He was laying down and it was as if pee was just coming out and he didn't know it!

Is this a behavior issue or a health issue? It doesn't happen often, like I said, maybe 3 times in 3 months. It seems as if he doesn't even KNOW he is peeing! Is he just distracted/tired and not in complete control of his bladder yet?

He sleeps through the night with no problems, and is otherwise 90% housebroken.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Lizzie said:
Ok this has happened maybe 3 times in the past 3 months... Jesse is almost 5 months old.

Just now, he was outside with neo, sat on the sidewalk in our back yard.... and started peeing sitting-down, as if he didn't realize it! When he realized it, he hopped up, still dribbling a little, and went over onto the grass and finished up.

Another time, during a boring portion of puppy class when the trainer was just talking, he was laying down all spread-eagled as bullies do. The kid next to me pointed at him and I thought he was just pointing out how cute he was, but then I noticed a puddle forming! :shock: He was laying down and it was as if pee was just coming out and he didn't know it!

Is this a behavior issue or a health issue? It doesn't happen often, like I said, maybe 3 times in 3 months. It seems as if he doesn't even KNOW he is peeing! Is he just distracted/tired and not in complete control of his bladder yet?

He sleeps through the night with no problems, and is otherwise 90% housebroken.
Have you spoken to your vet and ruled out a urinary tract infection? He may just have a juveneille bladder and will develop tone as he gets older.

Paula

·
Registered
703 Posts
That does sound odd, I would speak with your vet about the problem and have him checked out just to be safe. Do let us know how you make out, might be interesting to others on the forum. Good luck with your baby.

·
Super Moderator
15,976 Posts
I agree with the others. Have his bladder/kidneys/urinary tract checked out.
Then go from there. This is not a normal behavior, it could be it could be a medical problem.
You will need to talk to your vet to know for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts