Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this has happened maybe 3 times in the past 3 months... Jesse is almost 5 months old.

Just now, he was outside with neo, sat on the sidewalk in our back yard.... and started peeing sitting-down, as if he didn't realize it! When he realized it, he hopped up, still dribbling a little, and went over onto the grass and finished up.

Another time, during a boring portion of puppy class when the trainer was just talking, he was laying down all spread-eagled as bullies do. The kid next to me pointed at him and I thought he was just pointing out how cute he was, but then I noticed a puddle forming! :shock: He was laying down and it was as if pee was just coming out and he didn't know it!

Is this a behavior issue or a health issue? It doesn't happen often, like I said, maybe 3 times in 3 months. It seems as if he doesn't even KNOW he is peeing! Is he just distracted/tired and not in complete control of his bladder yet?

He sleeps through the night with no problems, and is otherwise 90% housebroken.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Lizzie said:
Ok this has happened maybe 3 times in the past 3 months... Jesse is almost 5 months old.

Just now, he was outside with neo, sat on the sidewalk in our back yard.... and started peeing sitting-down, as if he didn't realize it! When he realized it, he hopped up, still dribbling a little, and went over onto the grass and finished up.

Another time, during a boring portion of puppy class when the trainer was just talking, he was laying down all spread-eagled as bullies do. The kid next to me pointed at him and I thought he was just pointing out how cute he was, but then I noticed a puddle forming! :shock: He was laying down and it was as if pee was just coming out and he didn't know it!

Is this a behavior issue or a health issue? It doesn't happen often, like I said, maybe 3 times in 3 months. It seems as if he doesn't even KNOW he is peeing! Is he just distracted/tired and not in complete control of his bladder yet?

He sleeps through the night with no problems, and is otherwise 90% housebroken.
Have you spoken to your vet and ruled out a urinary tract infection? He may just have a juveneille bladder and will develop tone as he gets older.

Paula

·
Super Moderator
15,988 Posts
I agree with the others. Have his bladder/kidneys/urinary tract checked out.
Then go from there. This is not a normal behavior, it could be it could be a medical problem.
You will need to talk to your vet to know for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.