Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think alot of you have seen this site: http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/

I am getting my new AB pup in January. Money isnt a problem so Id like to feed a 5 or 6 star kibble.

I would also like to buy a kibble I can start with right away as a puppy and continue into adulthood.

The problem I am seeing however (from this site) is that basically all of the 5 and 6 star foods are not reccomended for puppies (EVEN THE PUPPY FORMULAS).

So my question is three fold....

1) Have any of you fed your puppy any of these kibbles?

2) If so, what was your experience?

3) Is the protein/fat ratio 'issue' for puppies a little overblown?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I feed my two Canidae the all lifestages one. But sometimes Legend will get a different flavored one. I havent had any problems w/ it with Gemyni.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
If i was you and money is no option i would feed either Eagle pack holistic or Raw Diet never had problems on either of these foods and our dogs will share the same blood.

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
personally , for me, most of the 6 * foods have way more fat and protein than i would want to feed a puppy. i am in the 5* range with a holistic solid gold and 25% protien 18% fat. have fed my puppy on this since, pretty much, day one.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I'd not put all that much thought into that site. It's a nice tool, to help and to see what's out there, but... Anyway.. Personally I'm still having a hard time actually understanding all of dog food, whats in it, etc. I love this site ~ http://www.dogfoodproject.com/ the owner of the site, is extremely helpful, and knowledgeable as well. She touches on protein along with plenty of other subjects.

I fed Tucker as a puppy the DVP Ultra Premium, which is for puppies through adult hood, and he did great on it, as did the others. I'm actually going to be switching back from the Chicken soup, which is what they are currently eating.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you attitude, tia and the other poster (sorry I forgot your handle!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts