Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few questions. Is Tanner too young to start training with treats? And if not, what kind is the best for him? He was 8 weeks yesterday. He will be 2 months on Friday. And also when do I start working with him to walk on a leash. And any ideas on how this works the best. He firmly sits his butt on the ground and will not move except to try and chew the leash.

·
Agent Squint
4,225 Posts
Faith Marie said:
I have a few questions. Is Tanner too young to start training with treats? And if not, what kind is the best for him? He was 8 weeks yesterday. He will be 2 months on Friday. And also when do I start working with him to walk on a leash. And any ideas on how this works the best. He firmly sits his butt on the ground and will not move except to try and chew the leash.
I'm working with small amount of treats and praise with Marlee, she's 9 weeks and doing well :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Josie did the same thing when we first tried to walk her. When she finally figured it out I would walker in one direction till she pulled then i would take back in the opposite direction. Eventually she stopped pulling because she never knew which way i might go next. My Buddy turned me on to this method. He used it on her parents. Both are Champions by the way.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What puppy treats should I buy?

·
Registered
410 Posts
We used to use the dried beef liver or lung (cant remember which it was), cause they were small and pretty soft and easy to chew and the dogs loved them. Also they did not have to stop what they were doing to sit there and try and crunch on the treat, or try small pieces of cheese or hotdog, they like them too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts