Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks first of all just want to say hi Im a very new user tot eh fourms, I have a 9 month ol staff calledf millie "White" in colour with a few brown spots. Thing is the last 3 mornings after shes woken up there a lot of sleep or puss very green in colour around her eyes, Im not to sure about this does anyone know what to do ? Any help would be great ? Cheers Deef.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Every now and again Dozer gets that in the morning. I have never thought anything of it, I just wipe it off, I assume its like sleep in our eyes. I don't know, but Idont' worry about it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers

wasnt sure just have her about 9 months but never seen that before, anyway thanks for the reply.deef

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
If it were clear or white, I would not be too worried - just allergies or winter dry-eyes. But since you said the puss is green, that sounds like an infection. I would have your vet take a look at it. Does she act like her eyes are painful or itchy? Rub her face around her eyes, and see if she leans her head into you so you can rub her eyes for her (both of my dogs do that when their eyes are itching them).

·
Super Moderator
15,976 Posts
This could be normal morning eyes cleaning themselves out, but it could be allergies also.
You need to keep a watch on his behavior. Good luck with your pup.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Actually I called my vet yesterday because Molly has been waking up with the gunkies in her eyes. First they asked what color it was. As long as it's white or clear your alright. They thought most likely it was allergies. They said I could wash her eyes out with sterile saline solution or wipe.

But the green stuff is not the same. I would call your vet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts