Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess i should have been more specific earlier , sorry i am new to this . Our dog is a family pet but i do most of the correcting and obedience training with snoopy . as i said before we have had him for about 11 months and this started about a month ago . and he doesnt show aggression n any other room but my sons and doesnt show aggression torwards anyone but myself . i thought he ws just being protective of my son , but then he would do it even if my son wasnt in the room . we have allowed the dog to sleep in the room until this started happening and now we dont allow him in the room at all . but he still trys to lock eyes with me and then he will posture and growl .
is there a way to change this behavior and could he start being aggressive torwards other people or could he become a danger to others .

·
Registered
112 Posts
As was stated in the other thread... It sounds like he is trying to be the Alfa male.

Now I'm no dog trainer but you have to let your dog know you mean business. No you don't abuse him, but for things like that, growling, barking, playfully bighting etc I always said "BE NICE" in a powerful tone standing over him and if he persisted I'd Use a pointing no no gesture with my hand.

Not knowing how your dog will react to you showing dominance, I don't know what to suggest to you. I'm sure there are threads here on this type of behavior and how to overcome this.

Like I said though... I'm no trainer. I work with my dog daily teaching him right from wrong and showing dominance over him. He does very well with this and responds to most commands unless distracted as most puppies get at times in which case I demand his attention.

Being that he is 11 months old he is still a "puppy" or "teanager" and I'm pretty sure this is the crucial time in training him.

J

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.