Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,239 Posts
It would not be a problem switching him to adult food at this age. Some people never feed their dogs puppy food.

If I remember correctly, Puppy Chow is a grocery store brand? None of these "name brand" dog foods are good for your dogs. They are filled with fillers that give absolutely no nutritional value.

I would check out the dog food sticky in this section and find some of the top quality foods that are in your area. Some of them are even sold at petco/petsmart. Putting him on a higher grade food will definitly help with the runs and should help start adding weight

· Registered
2,239 Posts
jleonar said:
Another thing to consider is how much you are feeding. I was overfeeding my puppy and it caused diarehea. I simply went from 2 cups a day to 1.5 cups a day and it solved the problem.
man, this just seems like soooooo little for a 6 month old puppy (if he were to feed this to his dog). I measured out a cup of Kate's food and that was aboslutely nothing. I guess it depends on the shape of the food... but still. at 6 months there is still a ton of energy and a ton of growing left to do

· Registered
2,239 Posts
I would go definitly with the 3 cups a day if not maybe even 4... then when he hits a year, go down a little.

I think for your adult dogs thats a good amount. But now for your puppy he needs more esepcailly if he hasnt had a healthy nutritional diet for a while.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.