Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you were going to pick up new sleeves, what would you get?
myself, i like ebingers but i see there are some new ones out there now and i am just wondering if anyone prefers em?
it is time to add to the equipment bag!

·
Registered
965 Posts
I like Frabo's sleeves. There is also a private little company called Margaret Rose (I think) that puts out some nice equipment. I bought a couple of sleeves from them a few years ago, and they are holding up great. They are located somewhere in north US. I will have to see if I can find their info again.

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am actually lookin at german/european stuff. have a "deal" on shipping :D and i thought i wud take advantage of it

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Post your question up on the LW board.

I know we bought some new stuff over this past year but I am not too well versed in terms of the equipment. I know we got some stuff from Hard Dog Requisites and Universal K9. I remember the covers from Hard Dog, we had problems with. Haven't heard anything bad about the stuff we got from Universal though. For the record, Hard Dog was very quick to rectify the problem we had. They really seemed to want to make us happy. If I had more input I would offer it but my trainer would be the better one to ask..I am just the money person..lol. Are you taking bites at the club now?

·
Registered
709 Posts
I have used Frabo, Ebinger, Schweikert (mostly), Gapay and one other that I liked, but can't recall what it was right now. By far Schweikert has been my choice until a few years ago. Now I like that other brand that I can't remember.

The biggest thing for me is how it feels... I don't buy a sleeve unless I try it on, I want the orientation of the grip to fit naturally with the angle of the bite bar. I like my fist to rotated slightly forward giving me increased strength.

Then it is the cost of the covers... I don't like sleeves that require a special size for propper fit!

8)

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wrknrott said:
I have used Frabo, Ebinger, Schweikert (mostly), Gapay and one other that I liked, but can't recall what it was right now. By far Schweikert has been my choice until a few years ago. Now I like that other brand that I can't remember.

Then it is the cost of the covers... I don't like sleeves that require a special size for propper fit!

8)
it is the Schweikert and the Apports i was actually wondering about as i have never had the opportunity to use either.
as i said up there :laughing3: i am looking at more european stuff cuz i can get a good deal on it. i will probably recover all the sleeves i have but was thinking i would like one new intermediate and maybe a new puppy

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Scheiwert (sp?) is good we used it all the time at my old club and i bought soem when i was in germany and they are still in tact. I like their products and service. prices are good too when you buy from germany

·
Registered
709 Posts
Tia said:
Scheiwert (sp?) is good we used it all the time at my old club and i bought soem when i was in germany and they are still in tact. I like their products and service. prices are good too when you buy from germany
:lol: Ya, when you get them from Germany.... If you ever had to get them here.... $$$$ OUCH! That's why I have looked for local alternatives.

8)

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Meg i know what you r saying about missing working dogs, i havent been casue i am too off balance being close to the date and now Jeff is handling Boris, i am so glad to see Boris progressing better then he was when he was with me, but i MISS IT dearly!! :cry:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts