Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 7 month old AB, and was told that she is NKC and UKC registered. National Kennel Club I know, but I have never heard of Universal Kennel Club International. To me, UKC is the United Kennel Club. Has anyone ever heard of UniversalKC? Should I try to register her at ABA?

Thanks! Kim-in-LA

Some pics of our Hannah:

·
Registered
99 Posts
The Universal Kennel Club is commonly used by puppy mills because AKC requires DNA profiling on dogs that produce more than 4 litters per year, this does not apply to ABs though since they are not recognized by AKC, so I'm not sure why they chose that particular registry. oh, and I don't mean to imply your dog is from a mill!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply!

We had to give her back to the seller today. We got her from a lady who rescued her from a neighboring farm because the previous owners had fallen on hard times. We spent some time with her before we bought her, but not enough I guess. She was fine during the visits and last night when we brought her home, but she started growling and barking and snapping at my 3 yr old this morning. He would walk in the room and she would start up. We were always with them so I know that he hadn't done anything to her. We didn't even have her 24 hrs. We think that she was probably beaten before we got her.

She was beautiful and really good natured when it was just me and my husband- she just doesn't like kids, and I am not willing to have an dog around that growls at them. If they try to steal a bone or pull the tail, yeah, I can understand that. Growling and snapping for walking into the room I cannot.

Kim-in-LA

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
Good decision. I had a dog a long while back that I found out didn't like kids like 6 months after I got her. I was single, so it was no big deal. But, I wouldn't have done it had I had any children in the house. I'm sorry to hear that. The people who rescued her should have done a little bit more testing w/ her before adopting her out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.