Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight my husband noticed a lump on Josie. Right below his jaw bone and of course it's to late to call the vet. Would any of you who works in a vet hosp/office (or anyone who alot of dog health knowledge) have an idea as to what it might be? I can only guess it is a gland, but I'm sure why this would be occurring. He is not having any pain exspecial when I apply pressure. No temperature, no drainage from the ear, no wax build up (ear canal is clean), nothing. I'm stumped!

Well, we went to the vet yesterday (2/28/06). It was/is the Mandibular Gland. It has become inflamed/clogged. What caused it it's hard to tell, so he was given a penicillin injection and antibotics to take for ten days. If it doesn't go away then surgery. So needless to say I hoping it goes away. The internet site that is posted further down was extremely helpful. It allowed me to have enough knowledge to speak with the doctor and understand what he was saying.......so I suggest saving it to your favorites. Thanks again Roxy!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much for sending me this site! Big time helpful, it sounds like a Mandibular Gland problem. I don't like the sound of it, after reading on it, it states possable surgery! Crips I hope not my husband is very upset with finding the lump. I don't think he could handle it if it's something serious (heck nether could I). He's very attached to Josie (it's along story in itself) we had a lot of bad losses laterly and we sure don't need any more. I can't stand the thought of something happening to Josie. He's been a godsent, helping us deal with all the "bads" in our life. Thank you once again! I'm going to suggest to the mods to add this site to the Health section. It's very helpful!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.