Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 3 months old english bulldog, I took him to a Vet friend I have in Tijuana Mexico and the dog is in excellent shape.

He is now weighing 11 kilos or 24 lbs or so. I feed my dog NutroMax for all puppies (i bought it in PETSMART).

I feed him twice per day (at 5:30am and 5pm), 1 1/2 cups per meal plus plenty of water. Is that amount sounds about right???

Second questions I have is if there is a way to prevent Cherry eye. I am just curious.

I feed my dog something (a cookie or bread) before we go to bed so he does not vomit this small foamy thing he used to vomit in the middle of the night because he was hungy. Is this sounds accurate?

Thanks for your time,

Allan in Phoenix AZ.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Sorry, this is the first that I've seen your post. And I usually try to answer when it's questions on EB's since I have 2.

Wow, 24 lbs at 3 months. He must be a monster!!!! I would love to see pics.

Regarding you questions.

Your feeding amounts seem just right and judging by his weight they are working out fine. NutroMax is a good food.

Second, I don't believe there is any way to prevent cherry eye. It's one of the most common things to occur with EB's. In fact, my 5 month old female just had cherry eye surgery on both eyes. They are as good as new now. It was a very simple procedure and very inexpensive compared to other things I have encountered with my older bullie. You can look in the Health section here and I've posted before and after pics of Molly's eyes.

And you are doing just this right thing with giving a cookie before bedtime to prevent sour tummy in the morning. I do the same and have found it to work very well.

PICS, PICS, PICS

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
My 1st message has been up for almost 18 hrs and I got no responses.

So I did a little harsh/rude follow up and I got a response right away.

Coincidence?
Coincidence...yes...since my response came after the first time I'd read your post. You're insinuating that I just ignored it the first time and responded this time because you were being rude?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Im sorry I missed it the first time, but it does happen. And I did respond as soon as I saw it. Some may not answer because it is an EB question and there are far more AB's & APBT's on this forum. EB's have alot of special issues and are sometimes better answered by people with experience with the specific breed (like the sour tummy). Not to say that's the reason but sometimes people feel more comfortable with something they know really well. I don't think anyone intentianally ignored your post for any bad reasons. So much posting happens during the day on here that it's hard to keep up sometimes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hello

Leeann.Bella.Remy said:

Coincidence?
Coincidence...yes...since my response came after the first time I'd read your post. You're insinuating that I just ignored it the first time and responded this time because you were being rude?
Mis Leeann, I was refering to a few nasty emails I received, not you. You were proper and educated. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Re: hello

BullD said:
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:

Coincidence?
Mis Leeann, I was refering to a few nasty emails I received, not you. You were proper and educated. Thanks.
Thank you. I would have answered your question, but I don't know anything about EBs! :)

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
bearsmom said:
And you are doing just this right thing with giving a cookie before bedtime to prevent sour tummy in the morning. I do the same and have found it to work very well.
i didn't know about the sour tummy, thanks! and when you say cookie, you mean a treat?

also,how would i know if baylee wakes up with sour tummy? i've never seen her vomiting :?

edit: restated question

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
snarky said:
bearsmom said:
i didn't know about the sour tummy, thanks! and when you say cookie, you mean a treat?

also,how would i know if baylee wakes up with sour tummy? i've never seen her vomiting :?

edit: restated question
You would know if she wakes up with sour tummy. She would throw up yellow/foamy stuff. If you find it happens often just give Baylee a cookie or piece of bread before bedtime. Bear has done it in the past and since I started giving a cookie before bedtime and have not seen it since. Sour tummies are very common with EB's. They can't handle an empty tummy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.