Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PeterC said:
amocat
culling for me is one thing. Taking it out of the genetic pool. In most cases, it means a trip to the vet.

So, you either put the pup or dog down or or you spay it (neuter).

However, for me, temperment has no forgiveness.

It the dog has obvious genetic faults but is a great pet (great temperment), then it deserves to live and will make a family happy. Like blue eyes or roach back or cleft pallet.

However, if it is shy, nervy, does not absolutley adore kids, reclusive, then it has to be put down. IMO. I have no tolerance because I KNOW HOW CHILD BITES HAPPEN.

I have this test at 6 months of age. I let a small child grab my dog's tail HARD and swing it. I also let the child grab my dog's feet and squeeze HARD!!!! Of course, I have total control over the dog's head. If the dog does not think this is NOT the most wonderful thing that ever happened to him, he is gone. If the dog does not like this brutal treatment from a child, it should be dead. Bulldogs should have pure love of kids, no matter what. Kids possess no threat.

I also shoot .22 gun in my house at 8 weeks to see which ones are noise sensitive. Let's just say there is a HUGE difference between dogs bred for nerves and dogs bred for looks. Laughing Yes, this is a test of nerves.

Now, some of you may think this is harsh. hmmmmmmmm what do you suppose would happen to a nervy dog when he is eating his bone and a kid comes from behind and grabs his swinging tail? Do you think this is an unlikely scenario? NO. This is reality.
Nervy dogs bite kids. Not monster pit bulls. And to me, I would kill 1000 nervy dogs before I would let 1 child be nipped. That is why culling is necessary.

I would have NO hesitation if my dogs EVER EVER growled at a kid (for any any any reason), to put the dog down. Growling shows me bad nerves and to a kid????????????? That is a one way ticket to a vet.

Breeding is hard Amocat. That is why most people should not do it. I am not a breeder. I don't have the time or the heart. It is cruel, especially if you are breeding working dogs.

I have seen people shoot their 1 year old dog because it came off the sleeve. That is breeding working dogs not pets. Zero tolerance. The end product is obvious. Mentally smart, nerves of steel, loves (not like....love) kids, and very high balanced drives.

Culling is necessary if you want to breed well. What is the difference between a BYB and a good responsible breeder of working dogs? Culling, screening ownerns, genetic testing, temperment testing (if it is a protection breed.......then prove your breeding).

I believe at the true grit boad (AB board), how many breeders believed in culling. It was 99% and the 1% was brutalized.
Original Link: http://bulldogbreeds.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?t=3625

Peter C...That was the worst thing I have read. you should not be aloud to have a dog :evil:[/quote]

·
Registered
807 Posts
I already have my .22 bought!

Im ready so when my APBT X AB's hit the ground I will know about my dogs. Just so you guys know this will be the baddest hybrids to ever hit the dirt/ working ring. I can see it now my own website Reds Bulldogs. The only real breeder putting out Blue AB's. :wink: :twisted:

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
anyone that would come on this site and talk about shooting up his house to check a dogs nerve has got some serious problems. Do you make skin dresses with the corpse Buffalo Bill?

you should be ashamed of yourself

·
Registered
807 Posts
Family of 5 said:
anyone that would come on this site and talk about shooting up his house to check a dogs nerve has got some serious problems. Do you make skin dresses with the corpse Buffalo Bill?

It puts the lotion on its skin!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Peter C, do you know anything about dogs? that´s dogabuse what you have done to that poor thing! (realy angry)

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
RED said:
Family of 5 said:

RED - You are hilarious, actually kinda brutal!! :wink:

·
Registered
586 Posts
RED said:
Family of 5 said:

or else it gets the hose again

Great Idea Peter. I'm gettin me a gun and a roof patchin kit tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Fina said:
RED said:
Family of 5 said:

That is SOOOOOOO funny!

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Fina said:
RED said:
Family of 5 said:

Roof Patch? them there's sky lights darlin. Get your tannin board out...we gots dogs to shoot

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Family of 5 said:
Fina said:
RED said:
Family of 5 said:

Roof Patch? them there's sky lights darlin. Get your tannin board out...we gots dogs to shoot
My stomach hurts from laughing so hard guys.............Hilarious!!!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Seriously though guys, not funny....*sniff, sniff* anyway, this is some serious stuff. That is mean. Great. :cry:

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Sorry Steph, I split the topic and goofed. This was the reply from sajoseph that should have been split:

PeterC said:
I have this test at 6 months of age. I let a small child grab my dog's tail HARD and swing it. I also let the child grab my dog's feet and squeeze HARD!!!! Of course, I have total control over the dog's head. If the dog does not think this is NOT the most wonderful thing that ever happened to him, he is gone. If the dog does not like this brutal treatment from a child, it should be dead. Bulldogs should have pure love of kids, no matter what. Kids possess no threat.
Are you serious???6 months of age, a dog is going to react to that no matter what UNLESS the child has grown up with the dog SINCE the dog was born and tormented it before. That is not an accurate test.

PeterC said:
I also shoot .22 gun in my house at 8 weeks to see which ones are noise sensitive. Let's just say there is a HUGE difference between dogs bred for nerves and dogs bred for looks. :lol: Yes, this is a test of nerves.
OMG! Serious????My pups were outside at 5 weeks of age and a plane flew over and they all tucked tail and panicked-are they noise sensitive and cannot be trusted or worthy?????Hardly, 8 weeks of age, come on, ALL ANIMALS tuck tails at 8 weeks of age to a damn gun shot!

And to me, I would kill 1000 nervy dogs before I would let 1 child be nipped. I AGREE TO THIS ONE...

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Sorry, I just didn't think it was fair to Shawn to have all that on his topic.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
HausMommy said:
Sorry, I just didn't think it was fair to Shawn to have all that on his topic.
Just so long as he realizes he'd better not grab and pull tails and feet or start shooting up his dang house!!!! Hell, I'D cull before Id do that to them!!Lol

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
PeterC said:

I also shoot .22 gun in my house at 8 weeks to see which ones are noise sensitive. Let's just say there is a HUGE difference between dogs bred for nerves and dogs bred for looks. :lol: Yes, this is a test of nerves.
PeterC, I hope you a joking about this. Even if you are that is not something to joke about. That is some sick and twisted sh*t. I usually support what you say and your opinions but that is disgusting. I personally think this should be removed from the forum. Differing opinions about raising and training dogs is one thing, flat out abuse is another.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Sorry, I forgot you guys are not working dog people........

That is .22 blanks.

All working dog people test for sound senitivity and nerves.

Can you tell me what is abuse?

Do any of you know how dog bites with kids occure? I do. Period.

Tell me which part is not being a responsible breeder.

Tell me what would happen if a small child came to a dog eating his meal and grabbed it by the tail. You think that would not happen? You think a kid is not going to try to grab the paws or step on the dog's paws?

There is ZERO tolerance for any dog showing aggresssion towards children. You all think this is OK?

Tell me how this is abuse? I would like to know. You think people should keep and work with (genetically) nervy dogs that have the potential (no matter how small) to bite kids or not like kids?

Kogeki, I have noticed that this board is increasingly BYB friendly. They breed wtihout testing for temperment or health. Is this the direction of this board?

Temperment testing and culling is absolutely necessary.

Any dogs that have the propensity towards aggression towards children should be put down. If anyone disagrees with me, go talk to a child's mom who had her kid's face torn off by an adopted rottie. YEP. It was a fear biter. I have SEEN this kid's face and it was all over the news last year in Vancouver.

Do you all still think you should keep nervy fear biters around and NOT test for it?

Now, RED, you make snide remarks........LOL. Ask your trainer Butch C what he does to test his pups. GO ON ASK!!!!!!!!!!! before you make comments, know what you SHOULD do first then make comments. That is what separates a pet and a working dog. Go on ask Butch. YOu think he tests for sound sensitivity with a gun? YOU DAMM SURE HE DOES!!!!!!!!!! Are you going to tell him he is wrong and get some lotion (whatever that means).

Hmmmmmm funny, people want working dogs and they do not test for gun shots that are found in EVERY SINGLE working event. Funny. And they make snide comments.

I do working events. I test for these things. My dogs are not your dogs. My dogs actually work. THEY need to be gun brave. Get it?

Kogeki, would you like me to invite some WORLD CLASS dog trainers on this forum to see what their take is on this? However, I think not. Every dog trainer, most of you do not like. Funny how that is.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Peter, I think the biggest problem everyone here has with your post is mostly the age of the puppy you are scaring with a gun shot, blank or not, it's just not right. But, Im gonna run it by some trainers and see what they say, but I know they will tell me that's just not right.

And the kid thing, you do not provoke a dog to bite-at all. You build up their trust. My kids acan reach in my pits bowl, hell, even eat out of it at feeding time, and Dix wouldnt bat an eye, hell she'd move over and let them eat until you moved and told her it was ok. He never grabbed her tail and puulled her HARD! She accomplished this with guidance. I still feed everyone seperatly, just in case, but deep down, I know nothing would happen, feeding them apart is RESPONSIBLE ownership.

Any dog can attack/bite at any time, regardless of the training. Shooting guns and grbbing tails seems as if it would just make the dog skiddish-oposite of what you are trying to accomplish, and a child hater for sure.

Breed standard contains something in reference to the breed loving kids, this is natural, if they show human aggressiveness and never been abused, different story, but why promote it at a young age. Shit, I would tuck tail and run at a gun shot sound!

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.