Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bubba was playing in the grass last night and I noticed he has a red rash on the inner thighs of his hind legs. It almost looked like acne. Anyway, I start checking over his body and notice he also has a rash in his inner ear area. :shock:

We are going to try and get him to the vet today but has any of you ever seen this before?

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Pretty much any dog that has fold over ears has a good chance of getting something like this. My boxer, who has natural ears, gets them all the time, and hers are always "yeast infections" in the ear. The vet will give you some stuff to clean the ear and something to put on the rash itself.

·
Registered
807 Posts
apbtgurl26 said:
Pretty much any dog that has fold over ears has a good chance of getting something like this. My boxer, who has natural ears, gets them all the time, and hers are always "yeast infections" in the ear. The vet will give you some stuff to clean the ear and something to put on the rash itself.
A good friend of mines APBT also has a problem with yeast infections of the ear and he has croped ears. So I would say any dog.....

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
For the time being until you get to the vet....you can give him benadryl. I think its like 1 tablet for every 25lbs or something like that.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Kate said:
For the time being until you get to the vet....you can give him benadryl. I think its like 1 tablet for every 25lbs or something like that.
That sounds right. I go by 1mg for every pound. I have a box of 25mg tablets, and a box of 12.5mg children's tablets, so Bella gets 62.5mg. :)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Sounds like allergies. It could be something in his food, chew toys, or treats. Or it could be airborne like grass or any pollens that are strong this time of year. Trees are the usual suspect in early spring. Spooky was always bad durring the spring and fall season changes. A lot of ear infections are allergy related also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.