Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kate has had diarrhea all day :roll: (how come when I post this is all I post about) But as far as I know she has not gotten into anything for a long time except the stuffing from her "kill" aka the tiger, but she usually drops it right away, or one kleenex from the trash. She went to the bathroom I'd say 6 times on our 10 min walk and it was allll runny. Shes acting 100% fine...

I fed her this morning.... should I not feed her tonight to try to get this outta her if it is just a bug?

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
If she's still interested in food, I would fast her. Give her only water and see how she's doing tomarrow. Poor Katers, it's always something, isn't it? :roll:

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what it seems like.... its no fun at all. I'm hoping this is a bug and nothing to go to the doctors for..... it seems like all my money lately has been going to her! I can't wait for children :oops:

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Bella had horrible diarrhea in her crate Saturday night. She ate it and then threw it up (all over our rug!!!) She kept pooping and throwing up, so we ran her to the emergency vet. She was a mess (even threw up in the car on the way there), but the vet said she probably just got into something she wasn't supposed to. She got a shot to stop the diarrhea and vomitting and some pills in case it came back. She's been on a bland diet since yesterday after her 24-hour fast, and her poop is getting firmer each time. So...if Kate's poop isn't bloody and she's not lethargic, I'd just fast her for 24 hours and do a bland diet for a day or two. If she's still got the runs, then you should probably take her in.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Leeann :) Earlier she was running around the house and wanting to play and now shes cuddling with me so I'm hoping it will pass.

I'm soooo sorry to hear about bella :cry: thats horrible for both of you, I hope she feels better soon and whatever she got into passes

·
Registered
932 Posts
Patch had diarrhea and vomitting a few weeks ago and i was SO worried.
the vet said it was either a stomach bug.... OR anxiety (it happened when we went up the coast for the weekend with him).

We fasted him for about 24 hours and he was fine after that... still a little tired, but back to normal in no time.

it is Scary though!!!

·
Super Moderator
15,976 Posts
The vets usually recommend a bland diet of boiled chicken and rice and lots of fresh water.
This helps to clean out the system and helps to get it back on track. Once she starts feeling a little better, some plain yogurt helps to rebuild the good bacteria. Give her a week on this diet so that her system is clean of any bad bacteria. Do go to the vet though, if she keeps up with the diarreah. Give her hugs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts