Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of curiousity, how long do you normally feed AB puppies puppy food?
I'm asking because I'll be receiving my puppy later this week and I've never owned a "large" breed dog before and I've heard that with large breed dogs sometimes you go through most of their 2nd year still on puppy food. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I've been lurking here for a while and I was waiting until I finally got my pup to introduce myself, but that question came to mind today.

Thanks in advance,

-MK

· Registered
2,496 Posts
With large breeds, it's recommended not to feed puppy food as long. It can cause the puppy to grow too fast and then develop joint and skeletal problems. I fed puppy food for 5 mos. If you pick an "all age" food, check to make sure the calcium is not to high. I heard that Innova Evo is too high in calcium for puppies. It's a great food for adults though.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for responding. I've been readin the other threads on this topic as well. I picked up a bag of Nutro Max Large Breed Puppy Food at Petco while I was there. Don't have a petco near me and the stores around here only carry crappy food, but one actually carries the Nutro line of foods. So I think i'm going to just finish this bag and then move her over to the Adult version of Nutro Max. The nearest petstore to me is Petco and that's 2 hours away. Thanks again!

· Super Moderator
14,605 Posts
fuzytech said:
Thank you for responding. I've been readin the other threads on this topic as well. I picked up a bag of Nutro Max Large Breed Puppy Food at Petco while I was there. Don't have a petco near me and the stores around here only carry crappy food, but one actually carries the Nutro line of foods. So I think i'm going to just finish this bag and then move her over to the Adult version of Nutro Max. The nearest petstore to me is Petco and that's 2 hours away. Thanks again!
Here is a web site to Pet Smart. You can order on line and have it delivered.
If you place an order of $75. (would equal two large bags of food) or more they will ship
it for free and delivered right to your front door.
:D

http://www.petsmart.com/ps/main.jsp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.