Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
Leave 'em raw! Cooked bones can splinter and cause internal damage. Be sure to supervise even with raw bones, though. Marrow bones are good. Knuckle bones are good. They're messy, but the dogs love 'em!
I suggest you give them to the pup outside, alsoCC likes if you freeze the raw ones before I give them to her.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Definately raw. Never give them cooked bones. Any dog I know got nuts for raw bones! Especially mine. They keep her busy for hours.

Soup bones are always good, raw knuckles, femurs etc.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
kogeki said:
You know, I dont find the raw bones to be that messy. I give them on my carpet. If the bone is really bloody, she goes ont the balcony with it.
I usually let the dogs get the meat off the bones outside, then let them bring the bones back inside when they're not so...meaty/slimy. Sometimes I give them to them in their crates and just clean their bedding afterwards. If they had it their way, they'd eat the bones on the couch, and THAT can get pretty gross! :lol:

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
When Bella was a puppy, it wasn't such a big deal for her to chew things on the couch because she didn't slobber at all. I didn't give any thought to the fact that she would grow up to be a slobbering machine! Now, we're having a hard time breaking her of wanting to drag every toy and bone up on the couch!

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
When Bella was a puppy, it wasn't such a big deal for her to chew things on the couch because she didn't slobber at all. I didn't give any thought to the fact that she would grow up to be a slobbering machine! Now, we're having a hard time breaking her of wanting to drag every toy and bone up on the couch!

Haha, Lucy is sitting on the couch with her tire, beef tendon, Tug Rope and ball :lol: I never thought ahead to the future :D

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Bremner53 said:

Haha, Lucy is sitting on the couch with her tire, beef tendon, Tug Rope and ball :lol: I never thought ahead to the future :D
I'm glad I'm not alone! :lol:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
kogeki you're lucky! Our bones are always such a mess!

If anybody else has the same problem, I go to the dollar store and buy those cheap plastic table cloths (or sometimes shower curtains) and let the dogs chew on their bones on them instead of the carpet. Then I wipe with a one of those lysol wipes and use it a couple more times. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts