Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can feeding your dog raw meat be bad for him? I stopped by the grocerie store today and saw packs of grounded beef for 3 bucks a lbs. If feeding him raw meat isn't bad, I'll be back for another 15 packs of meat.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I've read on here something about "silky balls". Ground beef is the main ingredient, then you add all kinds of stuff - raw eggs, oatmeal, wheat germ, vegetable oil, stuff like that & feed it to add weight to a dog. So, raw is OK. Many people recommend adding it gradually, to allow the dog to adjust :D

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
MMmmmm i love raw meat :lol: :lol: :lol: i feed hamburger once in a blue moon (anyone seen one of those?) i prefer lean stewing type beef as i feel unless you are looking for the fat (skinny dog) the leaner the better

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Give him a nice fresh raw bone with a ton of meat on it. Let him work for his food. Exercise those jaw muscles. I feed raw meat. Not ground meat but chicken, pieces of steak, fish. Whatever. All raw.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
kogeki said:
Give him a nice fresh raw bone with a ton of meat on it. Let him work for his food. Exercise those jaw muscles. I feed raw meat. Not ground meat but chicken, pieces of steak, fish. Whatever. All raw.
Ditto. If you're feeding kibble as the main diet, you shouldn't feed much raw meat. This is especially true for ground beef, which is higher in fat that say ground pork or lamb. When you feed both at the same time (on a regular basis), you're overworking their digestive system and running a higher risk of pancreatic problems. They get plenty of meat off an occasional soup bone or the like. Every now and then is probably okay, but not on a regular basis.

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
nanniesrock said:
I've read on here something about "silky balls". Ground beef is the main ingredient, then you add all kinds of stuff - raw eggs, oatmeal, wheat germ, vegetable oil, stuff like that & feed it to add weight to a dog. So, raw is OK. Many people recommend adding it gradually, to allow the dog to adjust :D
LOL, isn't satin balls? Silky balls made me laugh. Hard. :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts