Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RE: Pink Skin

My English Bulldog has pink aroung his nose/mouth area and I heard from this random lady that could mean he is allergic to his dog food which has chicken in it. Anyone know anything about this? I tried to research it online and haven't had any luck.
Thanks!

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Not sure, but most bulldogs that are white, will have pink skin showing through. Sometimes it is pinker than others. Choppers skin gets pink when he's hot or excited. Could be just normal.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kasco for your quick reply. I was thinking it was probably normal, but it made me a little paranoid. I just don't want my boy eating something that doesn't agree with him. But taking advice from random people on the street who may or may not have a dog is not exactly reassuring. And doesnt make me want to run out and change his food.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Is pink showing thru anywhere else? How long has your dog been on the same kibble for?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats pretty much the onlypink showing anywhere... we only switched his kibble once and he's been on it for probably like 4-5 months.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Sounds like light pigmentation to me. Sometimes they develope more dark pigment as they get older. There are also some supplements you can add to their food to help. I hope Carrie reads this because I can't remember what it's called.

·
Registered
65 Posts
i go by smell most of the time. luna gets real pick after she's been gnawing on a bone, esp. around her muzzle. but if she's pink and she's smelling like fritos (and not in a good way, for you frito-foot-lovers out there...!) it tends to be an allergy.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have an EB too, and he has white around his mouth, and half his face.....his skin gets pink too. I think it's just the pigmentation......that, and it seems to get more red if he's outside playing with sticks, and running around through our cedars (so I don't know if it's heat or just irritated).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts