Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yep it will come in handy Plus she is good they have to do it all and pass or you have to repeat the classes.
She doesn't just let you graduate cause she wants to make sure you are working them. I guess from what she told me people will go then do nothing with it at home and wonder why the dogs aren't getting it you still have to use it and work with it all week at home. that is stupid not too.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Congratulations!!

That is Bogart's main issue-jumping on people. :( He just gets so excited. I need to get him in somewhere and work on that.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its easy to stop them from jumping once you get the hang of it. It was well worth the training . We trained them she trained us.
But there are a few different ways to break then habit. Course it was easy in class cause we had enough distractions and people to help us by walking over and working with us so we could correct it. harder when you only have one person to do it.cause you need to have someone approach them so you can teach them to stop and that perrson has to know enough to start to approach and if they get up or start to move or jump they need to turn and walk away only when they stay then they will come over to pat them and give them attention and we used the clickers for that also but then we did away with all clcikers and treats. the teat had to be done with no clickers or treats . they had to do it on commands and without anything> I was so proud of those boys. She was impressed with the going through the door to cause you are suppost to go to the door and tell them to wait then open and tell them to go they can't run out ahead of you . and spirit was so funny he was so well trained that he went to the door and it was open but he stopped when I did right at the threshold and didn't go over it just waited when I told him too she was like he will stay there with the door open I said yep so he passed with flying colors cause he went through it only on comand. I can't believe what a difference when you have a good instructor to help

·
Registered
99 Posts
that sounds great. Im going to try to find a good trainner from Diesel when he is old enough. I know you have to continue through the week to train them but how often do they go to class? Is it once a week for a couple hours or what?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
once a week class is usually an hour sometimes it runs a little longer if you have to work on something but for the most part its an hour and you train whet you learn all week with them and just keep adding on the new stuff. I loved it had a great time. Plus i found it better with other people and dogs around and the distractions cause then they get use to training and learning around that stuff.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts