Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My lil pitbull puppy turned 8 weeks this weekend and he started this terrible coughing, hacking,weezing noise. he doesn't do it all the time, but it looks like he's choking or tryin to cough up something. But i open up his mouth and theres nothin there. A vet visit is about 200 dollars, but if i can do something about this myself i'd like to..

thank, Tim

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
That pup needs to be seen by a vet. If you can't afford a vet visit you shouldn't have a puppy.

·
Registered
979 Posts
babyboy30116 said:
My lil pitbull puppy turned 8 weeks this weekend and he started this terrible coughing, hacking,weezing noise. he doesn't do it all the time, but it looks like he's choking or tryin to cough up something. But i open up his mouth and theres nothin there. A vet visit is about 200 dollars, but if i can do something about this myself i'd like to..

thank, Tim
I think you're going to have borrow that money or charge it to a credit card becuase this isn't something a puppy ougth to be doing. Has he had his first shots?

Paula

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
sounds like your gonna have problems, Vet bill are a constent, dogs costs a lot of money. What are you gonna do if god forbid your puppy did what CC did and gets hit by a car? She never goes out of the house without a leash but my son let her out last year when he was comming home from school. I wish it only costed $200 and she didn't even brake a bone!

·
Registered
14,577 Posts
That animal needs a vet ASAP. If you don't think you can afford the medical bills, look into getting doggy insurance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
we when to the vet today, and he has "kennel cough". The vet get him some atibiotic, and told me not to bring him around other puppies or dog until he get better cause they can catch it. It not like i couldn't afford it, but i thought the purpose of a forum is to get helpful info from people that may know some remedies that u could do at home.

thanks
tim

·
Registered
979 Posts
babyboy30116 said:
we when to the vet today, and he has "kennel cough". The vet get him some atibiotic, and told me not to bring him around other puppies or dog until he get better cause they can catch it. It not like i couldn't afford it, but i thought the purpose of a forum is to get helpful info from people that may know some remedies that u could do at home.

thanks
tim
You did the right thing and asked the question. But we're only humans and sometimes leap to conclusions - when you said 'I have a puppy, he's sick but the vet's expensive' many an eye rolled and many a poster muttered "here we go again".

We sorry. But keep asking questions. Somethings you can deal with at home, but a coughing wheezing pup is not one of them LOL.

Paula

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
babyboy30116 said:

thanks
tim
Sorry Tim. I guess sometimes we mistakenly "assume" that people should know what we can help with and what a vet needs to be seen for. Glad your pup is going to be ok. Again, my apologies. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea i understand, but i just thought someone would've said "oh that's kennel cough you need to go to the vet or order Whatever from this place to make it better". I'm new to owning an pet; so kinda need as much help as possible.....lol.. but hey i guess this is how you learn huh..

·
Registered
979 Posts
babyboy30116 said:
Yea i understand, but i just thought someone would've said "oh that's kennel cough you need to go to the vet or order Whatever from this place to make it better". I'm new to owning an pet; so kinda need as much help as possible.....lol.. but hey i guess this is how you learn huh..

It would have been reckless for anyone to diagnose your dog sight unseen and us not being vets. There are a lot of reasons why a dog might be coughing but they all generally require your going to the vet. Another dog board I'm on has a disclaimer that says that you ought not use dog message boards as diagnostic tools in lieu of a vet.

Paula

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
Glad you got him to the vet and everything's goign to be ok! He's an ADORABLE puppy! What's his name? Stick around...you'll learn SO much from everybody! I've had dogs all my life and I still learn something new here everyday :D

·
Registered
14,577 Posts
Cute puppy and little girl! Glad you got the pup diagnosed and on the road to recovery. You'll quickly learn...there is no sure answer for these pesky pooches. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
His name is buddy; my daughter had a fit because she had to name him that. I hope i learn something cause this lil guy runs me around more than my lil girl does. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts