Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Capone is now 9 months old and recently he has been vomiting in the morning. yesterday was quite weird, as it was a white foam and after he vomited, he seemed to have lost control of his limbs and fell down. I immediately went over to him and he was obviously scared. he was down for about 5 seconds and then bounced right back up and has been fine ever since. No change in appetie or activity level. Has this ever happened to anyone else's EB? Thanks :?:

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
Who knows :dontknow: my experience with EBs was not good..EBs are famous for stomach and intestinal issues..Good Luck..I hope he is ok..

e

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
That same thing happened to Deuce but he was only like 9-10 weeks old. He threw up and then fell over on the living room floor. I ran and picked him up and he was kinda coughing, so I patted his back and within 30 seconds he was fine again. It only happened that one time and I don't know what it was.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think so, as his shaking was more of a scared tremble, like it is during a thunder storm, but then again I just don't know. It has been pretty warm here and I don't know if the heat has anything to do with it. Someone said maybe he was a little dehydrated???

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Well the part about losing control of his limbs is what had me wondering. I would keep a close eye on him. Seizures aren't always obvious convulsions. Sometimes they are just a blank stare.

EBs are also susceptible to heat stroke or heat exhaustion, which sounds more likely though. Is he feeling better now?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I have read about this alot an EB forum that if your EB is vomitting in the morning to feed a snack before bed time. These people swear by it. Apparently alot of EB's have sensative stomachs and don't like being empty. They say doing this stops the morning throw ups. I've posted a link to the thread below.

"My Bulldog often vomits in the morning after waking up. What could be wrong?"
A common experience for Bulldog owners is early morning vomiting. This can occur relatively frequently and often the expelled substance is nothing more than a small amount of yellow liquid (bile). In most instances this occurs because the Bulldog spent the night with an empty stomach. The result is minor upset and the Bullie's body is merely attempting to relieve the upset through vomiting. If your Bulldog frequently vomits bile in the morning (or any other time after not eating), the easiest way to prevent it, is to make sure your Bulldog doesn't have an empty stomach before going to bed. Many owners feed their Bullie 1/2 piece of bread just before bed. Doing this should remedy the problem.

You may also consider feeding your Bulldog more than once per day. Feeding twice per day is recommended - once in the morning and once again during the early evening.

http://forum.bulldogdomain.com/index.php?topic=2598.0

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.