Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

It's Liz and Bogart here. It's been awhile, but I have been really busy. Maybe I can get caught up this next week since I have the the entire week off. :D Yay!

Anyway, Bogart has been licking his arms, and as a result they have turned red. Is this something that requires a vet's attention, or can I just apply something to it to make it better? Thanks!

You can sort of see the red on his arms in this photo:

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Has he had allergy problems in the past?

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
That is exactly what I thinking have you changed his food, your detergents, or anything else that he may have come in contact with?

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
it looks like allergies,CC has the same thing right now. You can go to the vets, but they can basically do two things, tell you to put your dog on steroids or give them benadryll or clariton. You can however rub him down with 1/2 water 1/2 white vineger.it works great, but your dog will smell like a pickle!!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He has some food allergies, but I haven't changed his food, detergent, or anything like that so I'm not sure of the cause. While I continue investigating, I'm going to try the vinegar solution. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
I just wanted to tell ya that if it gets bad you can give him a bath in aveno, oatmeal bath it works wonders! Gave one to cc and it help bunches!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Poor guy. He's a good lookin' pooch. Do the benadryl to ease the discomfort. Molly had something like that once, but she reacted badly to fire ant bites. I don't think you get them in Minn.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
my old dog used to do that to himself all the time (but closer to his "wrists"). Vet couldn't figure out what it was, and didn't really offer any advice. Try Vicks vapour rub (it worked for a while, but it would seem it was an acquired taste!) or tea tree oil on it to deter him from licking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts