Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hubby pulled some sort of bug off Zoe today. He didn't think it was a tick or anything. He said after he pulled it off there was a little red spot about the size of a pin head. Now it is a much larger circle of red and it is white in the middle. Is this anything to be concerned about? Does she need a vet visit? Thanks in advance!

(kinda hard to see in the below photo, but if you click on it to see it full size, you can see the red circle better)


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
932 Posts
the poor little baby... do you think it is hurting her?

not sure about the vet... maybe take her just in case it is something to worry about..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
634 Posts
if its full of puss i would squize it out clean it real good and put some a&d or balg balm on it and just watch it if it get infected to the vet you go
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,069 Posts
It would help to know what he pulled off, "not a tick" leaves only millions of other choices.

Anyway, it sounds like maybe a tick and the head is still imbedded. Or maybe a spider bite, the red ring around white center. I would clean it with alcohol and use a triple antibiotic. I have no idea how spider bites affect dogs, but you know what some do to people. If it hasnt improved or has gotton worse in the AM, Id go to the vet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,013 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,272 Posts
Chrisnjen said:
Uhhh...

I don't mean to upset you, but poking around on Google some of the lyme disease sites describe a "bullseye rash" that sounds something like this. It may be nothing, but I think if I were you I'd have a vet check it out.

http://www.idph.state.il.us/public/hb/hblyme.htm
http://www.kidshealth.org/parent/infections/bacterial_viral/lyme.html
lyme disease, if caught early, is completely curable . actually it is fixable even if caught a little later on, least from what i have heard. i wud take the 'better safe then sorry' route and have a vet check it out. if it was a tick and the head is stuck in there you want to get it out
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
908 Posts
tycosales said:
It would help to know what he pulled off, "not a tick" leaves only millions of other choices.

Anyway, it sounds like maybe a tick and the head is still imbedded. Or maybe a spider bite, the red ring around white center. I would clean it with alcohol and use a triple antibiotic. I have no idea how spider bites affect dogs, but you know what some do to people. If it hasnt improved or has gotton worse in the AM, Id go to the vet.
i would say it was a tick some can be that small
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,069 Posts
Zoe'sMom said:
Is this anything to be concerned about? Does she need a vet visit?
Verdict: SEE A VET !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all you input! Hubby said the bug was a little thing with wings and it crumbled in his fingers as soon as he pulled it off. Yes, this leaves a huge amount of possibilities. Have a vet appointment for tomorrow morning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,560 Posts
i first thought ring worm... still looks like ring worm but if you say a bug was there.

Acutally, Kate had a tick once, and when I pulled it out, it left a red mark for a few days then it went away.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
634 Posts
Kate said:
i first thought ring worm... still looks like ring worm but if you say a bug was there.

Acutally, Kate had a tick once, and when I pulled it out, it left a red mark for a few days then it went away.
i thought ring worm too till i saw the pic
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,755 Posts
That looks exactly like Bella's histiocytoma did when it was first developing. We actually treated it like ringworm for a few days until it just started getting bigger and bigger. The bug thing throws me off, though, because it sounds like Zoe's mark is more like an irritation or infection from the bug rather than a tumor.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
908 Posts
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
That looks exactly like Bella's histiocytoma did when it was first developing. We actually treated it like ringworm for a few days until it just started getting bigger and bigger. The bug thing throws me off, though, because it sounds like Zoe's mark is more like an irritation or infection from the bug rather than a tumor.
look at the picture
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,755 Posts
fawn coffee said:
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
That looks exactly like Bella's histiocytoma did when it was first developing. We actually treated it like ringworm for a few days until it just started getting bigger and bigger. The bug thing throws me off, though, because it sounds like Zoe's mark is more like an irritation or infection from the bug rather than a tumor.
look at the picture
Huh??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,069 Posts
Zoe'sMom said:
Thanks for all you input! Hubby said the bug was a little thing with wings and it crumbled in his fingers as soon as he pulled it off. Yes, this leaves a huge amount of possibilities. Have a vet appointment for tomorrow morning.
Some gnats bite like a SOB and leave a red bump. There are also some small mosquitoes that do the same. I'm sure your dog is on heartworm meds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,069 Posts
Vet Report ? Is it better ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry for not giving an uppdate sooner. By the time we got her in front of a vet on Saturday, the mark was just a general irritation (no longer round/bulls eye). She has a few other red marks too, vet says it is seaonal allergies, may have been a bug bite that got irritated. He has us keeping an eye on it and we are supposed to call him tomorrw. So far it is just a general itchy spot right now, but I will keep a close eye on it until it goes away.

Thank you for all your help!
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top