Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

remember my surch for a blue eyed puppie!!!!!!!

2K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  ambull040769 
#1 ·
WELL HERES A PIC OF THE DAD

AND HERES THE PUPS !

still not 100% if they will have blues eyes know better in a week or so ! ...hehehe cant wait! 8)

See less See more
#7 ·
There all so cute! The one farthest to the right is my favorite. I think you can tell whether there eyes will permenently be blue because they will be very bright blue. Abby had dark blue eyes at 3 months when we got her and then they turned brown.

#11 ·
danica said:
LOVE that dog! What breeder is it from? I'm still searching for my perfect AB!
The sire is Rodzilla's Henry's Dream

http://www.saber.net/~jr-abs/hank.html

The dam & pups are from JR's American Bulldogs out of Santa Rosa, CA:

http://www.saber.net/~jr-abs/

Mommy has a blue eye as well, so I'd think the chances are pretty good, lol.

Star Lupine (dam)

I've talked to him a couple times abou his dogs, he's a nice guy who seems to know his stuff. Thought about buying a pup from him at some point.

That was before I found out that Boyd was such a pre-eminent breeder, and he's only about an hour from me.

#13 ·
I have corresponded with Jeff several times in the past as well! He seems like a real classy guy! Always willing to help answer questions about those West Coast dogs I am always wondering about. It's nice to see that there are some good people like that in the breed who are willing to share their knowledge with others they have never met! So many breeders care about one thing..making money! Jeff doesn't seem that way at all.

Chrisnjen; I also have a Boyd puppy. Is one of the dogs in your avatar from Boyd's? If so, who is the sire and dam? Just curious. :D

#14 ·
Actually, both of my dogs are rescues. I have no idea where they came from before the pound :p. When I move and have the space, time and knowledge to have a third dog, I want one I can work. At that point I'm going to get in touch with Boyd's kennel. I also want to get some more information on the Gargoyle dogs. I've been really impressed by what I've read about them so far.

Jeff, however, is one of the only breeders that's taken time to answer specific questions of mine when he knew I wasn't looking at buying one of his pups in the immediate future. Very nice guy.

#15 ·
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

WELL NO BLUE EYE/EYE'S just heard for jeff from JR'S and none of the males had blue eye's one of the females did but was spoken for :cry: !!!!!! so the quest continues !!!!! keep your EYE'S .. :lol: open 4 me guys thanks !!!!!!

ttyl!

#16 ·
Just FYI American bulldogs are not supposed to have blue eyes that is a (major fault) if you find one that does it probably has some Catahoula bulldog in the blood line somewhere!

Eyes- The eyes should be round or almond shape, medium sized, and wide set. Black or dark brown is the preferred color. Black eye rim pigment preferred. Eyes may be lower set on the Classic type than the Standard type due to the rounder head shape of the Classic American Bulldog. Faults- Blue, gold or yellow color. Pink eye rims to be considered a cosmetic fault.

If you want a blue eyed bull dog why dont you buy a Catahoula bulldog? They are awesome dogs too!

#17 ·
ambull040769 said:
Just FYI American bulldogs are not supposed to have blue eyes that is a (major fault) if you find one that does it probably has some Catahoula bulldog in the blood line somewhere!

Eyes- The eyes should be round or almond shape, medium sized, and wide set. Black or dark brown is the preferred color. Black eye rim pigment preferred. Eyes may be lower set on the Classic type than the Standard type due to the rounder head shape of the Classic American Bulldog. Faults- Blue, gold or yellow color. Pink eye rims to be considered a cosmetic fault.

If you want a blue eyed bull dog why dont you buy a Catahoula bulldog? They are awesome dogs too!
thanks ambull i know it's a fault i gess you dident see my post before about i want him as a pet only i think they look wicked just a prefernce of mine iv been surching repbriable breeders that already have the Catahoula leprurd dog cross somwhere a wile back hens the blue eye but still no luck but no rush i can wait ...i want only provin blood in my dog ? not going to settle for less than 100% :wink: thought about that Catahoula bulldog ?? but kinda set in my ways with the ambull but neverknow cheers !

#19 ·
lol ..................... 100% NOT TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOYDD http://www.boydsbulldogs.com/studs.htm not owned but bread by boyds
JR'S http://www.saber.net/~jr-abs/hank.html

WANT ME TO KEEP GOING THEY HAVE ALL HAD BLUE EYED PUPS IN LITTERS BEFORE !
THATS HOW THE BLUE EYES GOT INTO THE BLOOD OF THE AMERICAN BULLDOG !!!!!!!30-40 YEARS AGO!!!SO ONE INTERDUCED THE CATAHOULA LEOPARD DOG INTO THE AMERICAN BULLDOG FOR HUNTING ! DO YOUR RESURCH ...THAN COM BACK AND WE CAN TALK !

#20 ·
ambull040769 said:
ALPHAMALE said:
iv been surching repbriable breeders that already have the leprurd dog cross somwhere a wile back hens the blue eye
Thats the thing, a reputable breeder is not going to have (Catahoula) in their american bulldogs bloodline!
OK its on ambull i callange you to show me a reputable breeder 10+ years in the bizz that has never had a BLUE EYED PUP EVER IN THERE LITTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SHOW ME PROOF!

MY FRIEND PUT UP OR SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

#21 ·
ALPHAMALE said:
BOYDD
JR'S
JOHNSON'S
THATS HOW THE BLUE EYES GOT INTO THE BLOOD OF THE AMERICAN BULLDOG !!!!!!!30-40 YEARS AGO!!!SO ONE INTERDUCED THE CATAHOULA LEOPARD DOG INTO THE AMERICAN BULLDOG FOR HUNTING !
This is true they did do it along time ago but reputable breaders shy away from blue eyes now days because it is considered a fault, it realy dont matter though unless you plan on showing the dog and I see nothing wrong with it myself! I go for working ability over looks as far as ambulls are concerned! I could never show my dog either because it is also a fault to have no less than 15% white on its head and my dog has very little white but he hits the sleeve like a freight train, ripped it off one decoy! If you realy want one I will keep my eye out for you I cruze alot of different sites and if I run across one I will let ya know!

#22 ·
ambull040769 said:
ALPHAMALE said:
BOYDD
JR'S
JOHNSON'S
THATS HOW THE BLUE EYES GOT INTO THE BLOOD OF THE AMERICAN BULLDOG !!!!!!!30-40 YEARS AGO!!!SO ONE INTERDUCED THE CATAHOULA LEOPARD DOG INTO THE AMERICAN BULLDOG FOR HUNTING !
This is true they did do it along time ago but reputable breaders shy away from blue eyes now days because it is considered a fault, it realy dont matter though unless you plan on showing the dog and I see nothing wrong with it myself! I go for working ability over looks as far as ambulls are concerned! I could never show my dog either because it is also a fault to have no less than 15% white on its head and my dog has very little white but he hits the sleeve like a freight train, ripped it off one decoy! If you realy want one I will keep my eye out for you I cruze alot of different sites and if I run across one I will let ya know!
cool ya like i saidd in a post before this is somthing that i want for me ...just a pet bro is all
i think its cool hens i am looking fo a pup with blue eyes and i wont get it form just anyone only proven breeders and i think Boyds and JR'S are as good as it gets!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU AGREE~~~~?????????????????????????

#23 ·
I like Boyds dogs myself he breeds bully hybrids and thats what I prefer, I dont like how the scott dogs look to long and lanky and johnson dogs are just to big and clumbsy to work! I like a well bread combo, a dog that has some speed and agility and still has enough strength and weight to bring down what ever he latches on too...kinda like the best of both worlds!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.