Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrote my reply, but the thread was locked, so I couldn't submit.

you jumped the gun,

jackie

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Jumped the gun? I felt like that thread should've been closed since I saw it going in a bad direction.

If you have any problems, you can PM me.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Wow!!!!!!! I can not believe that in her darkest hour you take the time to persecute her [-X. .....In my experience, when people take the time to judge others it comes back around, full circle ......... She has posted about agression problems with Brodie in the past, she has taken him to trainers, and from her posts it seems that she has done everything that she could.......I am sure that she has made mistakes with her dog, as have I, you,everyone else on this board, Cesar Millan,& all other professional trainers.. Dogs still exsist so I assume that they are accepting of it. But when a dog has aggression issues and a jaded past what else did you expect her to do? Shoudl she have waited until the dog did launch an attack on someone? NO she is an adult and the only person that knew the whole situation on this board, no one wants to put their baby down. And if that is best for her, her family, and the dog...I would hope that we as a community/family would comfort her in her time of need, not attack her with our own judgement. ...If or when a situation like this strikes your family we will be here with open arms to comfort and console you...BC as a community/family that is what we do....

·
Super Moderator
16,005 Posts
Well said Angie and I agree whole heartedly. Sara took Brodie in for tests and he did not pass them. At this point all she would have been doing would be to pass on these problems to someone else. Should that happen - no it should not. A shelter would never have re-homed Brodie and we know that. Taking responsibility is a very hard thing to do. Sara did that with the heaviest of hearts. She could have just not posted again and we would not ever have known what the situation was. She took the time to let us know thereby giving us another example of why BYB causes so many problems. Thank you Sara for doing so. Like I said before ignore that which you know is based on lack of knowledge of your situation and find peace in the fact that you made the right decision for Brodie and for your family.

·
Registered
703 Posts
How sad that one has to decide to put animal down, let alone one that you dearly loved and tried depressately to save. Who dare cast the first stone at her for making an ADULT DECISION! I have only one question ...... Would you have had the guts to make that decision?

Zippity I do support you with your decision, I am just so sorry there wasn't a something else that could have been done. If you need take a break away from these gutless idiots but do come back to the forum. You did your best for Brodie and we know you loved him. I remember the easrlier post about him. Take care and do come back!

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Zippity, I think you definately made the right decision. You tried best you could, thats all you can do.

I think all of us as Bully owners, should support her decision. Keep her family and friends out of harm, and not add to BSL.

·
Registered
66 Posts
A good dog owner has the brass to make the hardest of decisions even in the face of great self sacrifice. I only hope I would have the strength to do the same. We are all sorry for your loss and greatly respect your course of action.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Jackie said:
I wrote my reply, but the thread was locked, so I couldn't submit.

you jumped the gun,

jackie
You have no idea, you were not there. This poor woman made the decision to put down her dog, if more people made responsible decisions like she did, maybe pit bulls would not be in the news as often as they are! Heaven forbid ANY of us have to make the decision she made - and you have no right to put her down for it.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Well since the other thread was locked I will post here, Zippity i am sorry that you had to make a very hard decision. He will be missed and please don't leave for a long time.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I truely thank you for your kind comments, and I knew not everyone would agree with my decision. Everyone has a right to their opinion, and I can only stand by what I feel was the right path for Brodie, and for my family. Only I and my family saw what happened. Brodie had many signs of aggression previously. It was easy to ignore, he didnt display these to the family (much). We rarely had people over so it was not something we noticed often. I do want to be open and honest as someone suggested, I was recently at my wits end about my allergies. I did infact go to an allergist, and found that in Seattle, this allergy season is particularly bad, and that it wasnt Brodie entirely anyway. He gave me Allegra-D to take, and it was working fine. Also, to clear up another question, Brodie was a year and a half old.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I missed the thread this sprang from. Can someone paste it here. ( I don't want to reply, I know it's locked, just curious what is being talked about)

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Zippity, don't let a few people get you down. You did what you thought was right and I am sure it must have been a very tough thing for you to do. Putting down a pet is never an easy thing to do, especially when they are young like that. You are in my thoughts.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
James, I think you did right locking the thread when you did. Soembody was paying attention when they elected you Mod!

Zippidy, this must be hell for you. I'm so sorry you had to make such a terrible decision.( But I don't disagree with you) I think you showed immeasurable courage.

·
Registered
886 Posts
condolences

SO sorry to hear about your situation, I am sure you had a very difficult decisions on your hands and it sounds like you made the right one.

Being a responsible owner does not only consist of attending to the dogs needs and providing food, water, shelter and training. It is also recognizing when an animal is at a 'point of no return' so to speak and a danger to itself, its family and its community. It also sounds like you took the appropriate steps to ensure that what you suspected was in fact accurate(evaluations, etc), so find comfort in your decision, you may have prevented a major incident in the future which could have contributed to BSL and the destruction of many other safe pets.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I posted in the other thread too, but I just want to say that whoever is criticizing you for this, should back right off! You did what not a lot of people would, but it was the most responsible and self-less thing you could have done. So many people have a dog with a severe aggression problem, and ignore it, pass it on, or just leave them be, which is wrong! A dog that cannot be "fixed" should be put down, as hard as the decision is. Its not fair to them, or whoever ends up with them. I would much rather put a dog down, as hard as the decision is, then put them in a shelter. you are in my thoughts, and ignore the ignorant comments. You did what you had to do, and a lot of us respect that. You are a good dog owner, and should be proud that you had the courage to do what's right. R.I.P Brodie :cry:

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
:cry: I'm so very sorry for your loss. I had seen some earlier posts about this, but have been away this week and missed the latest. That's an almost impossible decision to make for one who loves her dog so dearly! My heart goes out to you, your family, and Brodie. May he rest in peace.

Let me know if you want me to steal the munchkin back! I'll go on a covert mission! :wink:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.