Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have begun teaching Smooch the beginning stages of retrieving. She is learning to grab and hold the dumb bell. We are working on her snatching it quickly from an arms length distance and holding it calmly and firmly until I ask her to release it. I start my dogs using a hard plastic pipe then move on to the dumb bell once they have the idea. We have not yet begun throwing the dumb bell yet. Just arms length retrieves. I have found the retrieve to be one of the most difficult exercies to teach but also very rewarding.

Here's an old pic of Rosco that shows the plastic pipe I am talking about. He is retrieving over the metre jump (almost the full height but not quite) and also over an A frame. He is doing well. I need to get some pics of that!

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
They look great, You DEFINATELY need to get some pics of Rosco retrieving those would be really neat!!!

Hey who are Smooches Parents? You got her from Boyds right?

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will try and get some pics of Rosco retrieving at my next training session.

Smooch's parents are Blue's Tatanka of Boyd SCH 1 (Boyds/Hines Moleque X Bailey's Ironman Tyson of MGK) and Boyd's Charolais Heifer (Snopes Bronco of Sloan SCH III, IPO III, BST I, BST II, CD I X Boyd's Country Bumpkin)

I got her from Matt Boyd.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Awesome! Can't wait to see some pics of Rosco in action. :D

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mrs. Cooper...Smooch is 15 months old now and is handling the pressure of learning this exercise better than I thought she would!!

Kasco, you mean you can actually see my pics this time?

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Kasco, you mean you can actually see my pics this time?
LOL Yeah, but only by doing that li'l trick I told you about. :roll:

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
MrsCooper said:
Great pics, great dogs. How old is Smooch now ?
Wow :shock: ..Hi MrsCooper...where in the world did you did you go off tooooo..Glad to see you back..

e

1 - 13 of 13 Posts