Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one have a reverse brindle EB(am I spelling that right?) I would really like to see some photos of an adult female?? we are in love with ours but we havent gotten to see her in person yet she is 19 days old today!!!!!

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
From what I understand "reverse brindle" is just a made-up term that breeders use to draw more interest to their pups. "Brindle" just means a streaked/striped pattern on top of a solid color. Whatever color is the solid color is what kind of brindle a dog is. Your pup looks like a black brindle to me.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
i got this from a boxer site

As for reverse brindle, that is a term used in North America to describe a dog with an extremely high concentration of brindle striping. In some parts of Canada, the same colour is called "seal" brindle. Elsewhere in the world, it is just called dark brindle. Note that "extremely high" does not mean just a lot - and most of the dogs people describe as "reverse" brindle are not A dog that is reverse brindle has the appearance of being black - it is only upon inspection that you will see (and should be able to clearly see) the fawn. This is "reverse" in the sense that it appears that the dog has a black base coat, and some fawn striping. In fact, it is an extremely high concentration of black stripes on fawn ground colour - just like any other shade of brindle.
judging by your puppies picture i would say she's just a regular black brindle, she's too light to be reverse brindle

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
By my definition

Brindle: Mosley, the daddy.
Reverse Brindle: Malaki, the puppy.

Dark Brindle: Messiah, also a puppy of Mosley x Montana.

Reverse Brindle: Malaki, all grown up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts