Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
It doesnt matter where you live to get tivo. As long as you have cable or satellitte and an internet connection, you can use tivo. You have to buy the unit and then its about $12 a month and $6 for each additional tv in your house with tivo. I hate watching tv without tivo! I always get distracted by something so I have to rewind it if I missed something. You can network your tivo to your computer too so you can transfer your shows to you computer. You can then watch them there, on a pocket pc, or wherever.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I watched it and was going to post about it, the wall jumps were awesome! I never really appreciated the sport until seeing it, watching those dogs attack, then, let go, and then attack again all on demand. This one dog though, she didn't listen at all. I think she got DQed for not letting go. She just wouldn't stop. :shock:

Curious, why did they all go for the legs and not the arms?

·
Registered
790 Posts
in Ring.

Canada is a hot bed for french ring.

As for the leg bites, in French Ring, all dogs are imprinted for the leg bite. Why? It is easy to take the arm away so the dog cannot get the bite. It is HARD to take a leg away.

There is so much going on that many will not understand the technique of the decoy and the dog.

By the way, if the decoy tries to cover up his leg, the dog must go for the upper body. In ring the dog bites whatever is available. legs are ALWAYS available. the arm can be easily taken away. That is why our dogs bite the leg.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hell in the protection of the object, that one dog (forgot the name) bit the guy square in the chest cuz it was the first open area. :lol: Those dogs were amazing, as were there handlers as I am sure they have put in many hours of work to get their dogs to that level.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
kogeki said:
Those dogs were incredible. I cant believe the decoys weren't wearing gloves when trying to take the object.

Peter C, do you know why "guard the object" was dropped from Schutzhund?
When was the object guard ever in Schutzhund? That's the first I have heard that...I always thought it was a Ring thing. :?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Guard d'Object is a French Ring thing. I don't think sch had it.
It is VERY VERY hard to teach. It is probably the hardest OB exercise to teach in all dog world.

I did hear from old Bill, a schutzhunder, that long ago they did have an exercise that put a kid in the middle and the dog was to guard the kid, very similar to the basket. I don't think it would have been as technical, but you get the idea.

I am not a fan of guard d'object in French Ring. Not really applicable to anything in life. However, to train a dog to do this sort of thing takes a very clear headed special dog and a talented trainer.

If anyone of you want to get into a suit, I would join a French Ring club. You learn much there.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I am not a fan of guard d'object in French Ring. Not really applicable to anything in life. However, to train a dog to do this sort of thing takes a very clear headed special dog and a talented trainer.
I was thinking it may applicable to Police K-9. The cop may want the dog to guard something dropped by a subject.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.