Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RIP old lady, you were only in my life for one year, but you still left a mark on my heart..

Cheyanne came to me last April, one year ago when my roommate moved in.. she got along with Rufus right away (well she was old and rufus tried to play with her and she would not have it lol)

She was NOT a typical psycho dalmation... she was great with humans and very dog social..

Yesterday the decision was made that it was time, her back legs were failing, we tried cold laser therapy, medicine, nothing worked after a while...

This morning we said our goodbyes, Sadie & Rufus were very subdued, like they knew something was going on..

Cheyanne was around 15-16 years old, no one knows for sure, as she was found abandoned in a house half starved as an adult dog.

and yes if you are in my house for any length of time you will be dressed up lol...even if you dont live here...

·
Registered
14,577 Posts
I'm glad that YOU were the one that had her for her last year. She was oh so lucky to be dressed up and loved by you. Here's to many cute collars in heaven...

·
Super Moderator
16,005 Posts
So sorry Maryellen. Was she your roommate's dog or was it
a coincidence that they both moved in at the same time?

She was a pretty girl, I know that you will miss her greatly.

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks everyone. she was my roommates dog, when he moved in he brought her with him (along with an albino goldfish lol) she had a great life with him and his ex for 15 years, he found her when he closed on his house, the owners didnt even take her with them and left her there to starve:(.. her entire life she was loved, which was a great thing:)

it feels weird with her not there, she was always under my feet looking for food(due to her being starved she never got over that and was always looking to eat). her ramp was taken down yesterday, she needed it to get out the door to go outside as she couldnt do stairs, and my patio looks empty without it there:(

·
Registered
753 Posts
aww i'm so sorry ME *big hugs* i'm sure she lived an awesome life with you...

she's in no more pain where she's at

<3

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
RIP Cheyanne. I'm sure her last year in your home was one of her best and you should be proud of that. She left knowing she was loved.

·
Super Moderator
16,005 Posts
Maryellen - please extend my sympathies to your roommate, also.
It is so hard to let them go. I know he misses her.

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thank you everyone, she had a great life with my roommate before coming to live with me, then once he and her moved in she had another great year with me.. too bad her original owners were jerks,but her second owners were fantastic to her.. she had a great life after the jerk owners abandoned her.. the apt is quieter which is weird, she didnt bark, didnt make a sound, but it feels so odd without her following me around to see if i had any food..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts