Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
R.I.P. Jasmine
I left the dogs on the truck last night about 10pm with the bunk warmer running full blast to keep them warm. Came back to the truck about 10am today to find Jasmine dead in the passenger floor. I can't help but wonder if I could have done something different. She seemed perfectly fine last night when I let her out after she ate.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
She was a rednose APBT about 6 yrs old. I had only had her for a couple weeks as a temporary home to save her from being PTS with plans to re-home her with my girlfriends cousin where I could still see her regularly.

She is now in good company buried in my girlfriends backyard where several of her previous dogs are buried.

·
Registered
457 Posts
omg so sorry for your loss! Maybe she had some kind of heart issue or something you were unaware of :\ Hopefully nothing food related that your other dog ate. I assume you found no signs of a fight? Just be glad you gave her a nice time during her last days. RIP Jasmine.

·
Super Moderator
16,005 Posts
So sorry for your loss. The only thing I can think of, with the info you have
given, is that it may have been too much heat and she prostrated. Bullys
cannot take a lot of heat or a lot of cold. RIP Jasmine.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Doing better day by day. I spent a couple days researching what could have happened because I needed to know that I didn't do something wrong. I will never know 100% certain, but based on her appearance when I found her, it seems "bloat" was the cod. Just wish I had stayed on the truck that night so I could have seen some signs of discomfort and had a chance to save her.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts