Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just when I started to accept life without my Jasper, life threw another curveball my way and decided to take my Chewy. Night before last she let out a yelp in her sleep and I noticed her breathing became a bit deeper or heavier. Yesterday and even today, she was happy, hungry and basically her normal self, other than her breathing just seemed a bit off. I decided to take her in just to be on the safe side.... x-rays reveled she had fluid in her lungs along with a mass. Rather than put her through the trauma of having tubes in her chest and and other invasive actions, I made the decision to walk her across the rainbow bridge. I am still in shock over it all... never imagined I would lose two of my kids within weeks of each other. My only comfort is knowing that the two of them now have each other on "the other side".

RIP my girl... I will always love you.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
You poor thing. I feel for you. Have comfort in the knowledge that they are running side by side causing havoc.
RIP.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! If there is any comfort it is in that you will see them again. Until then, RIP little girl.

·
Super Moderator
16,005 Posts
Oh, Carrie - my heart goes out to you. What a loss you must feel right now.
I am so glad that they got to spend their life with you. You gave them love
and they loved you in return. Nothing can take that from your heart.
RIP Chewy.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Carrie, I am so very sorry. Such deep losses in such a short period of time. My heart and prayers go out to you. All the best, and RIP pretty girl.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
So sorry Carrie! It's never easy to lose a dog and when it's close together it's even worse! Really sorry you are going through this. RIP Chewy.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you everyone for the support. I am really having a rough time with this and am just a royal mess. Didn't sleep much at all last night and have worked myself to the bone today just trying to keep from losing it. I just can't say enough how much I love Shrek and don't think I'd be doing half as good as I am without him here.

Here is a pic of Jasper and Chewy many years ago going for the same ball. Thought it was neat so I will share it with you guys. Thank you again for the kind words.... I will have to post some Shrek pics and chit chat a bit more here when I am up to it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts