Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. Being an Adult is having to do what is best outside of what you feel. So as long as you know it was right anybody else that thinks other wise aren't worth the effort.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Chris - RIP to Rudeboy. Thank you for being a responsible bully breed owner and dealing with the situation as you felt it right. Having never had a DA dog, I can't even imagine what you have gone through these past 2 years. All the best to you and your family
In this trying time.
BIG DITTO, I am so very sorry, it's tough, the choice, caring for Rude Boy, the responsibility . . . you did your very best for him . . .

I know someone very close to me who got an OEB because they loved my two, but this dog was nothing like mine, this dog got ppl aggressive towards adult authority, not the small kids at the time but that is your worry . . . choices have to be made . . . you do your best . . .

hugs, jo

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Rip Rudeboy. At the bridge you can run free and play with the other dogs. No fear and no anger. So sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Sorry for your loss, on a side note I told you so.

For those that think my statement is incredibly insensitive your memory probably isn't as good and long as mine. Chris on numerous occaisions argued that he could salvage and rehabilitate problem dogs. I told him that learned behavior could be unlearned but that genetic predisposition will always be there. Hopefully Chris has learned a valuable lession and applies his knew "learned the hard way lessons" to any new dogs added to his/her life.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Chris

I feel your pain and anger, I took on a rescue ABD and things didnt turn out good and she was put to sleep out of my control. She was like jekle and hyde and when she was good she was super and brilliant but she had aggression issues and would flip in a nano second without prior warning. She had already attacked two of my other dogs before the day that she flipped for the last time and all control was taken away from me.

She appeared to be fine with my children but in the end it was not meant to be, we even went for professional training and even the trainer stated I was living with a ticking time bomb but I still refused to give up hope on her. The vets believed that she had been used as a dog fighting bait dog due to old time scars and we also believed she had been bashed about by humans.

It's been nearly a month since I let my baby girl go and I still find it very hard, I have named the field that we used to walk in Storms field and every day on the walk to take my daughter to school I talk to her whilst going past the field. I would not allow my partner to use her lead on any of the other dogs and had to hide it away yet I couldnt throw it away because it is one of the few things I have of Storm. On the dreadful day Storm flipped she again attacked my staff but also attacked me but I didnt hate her, I wasnt angry with her, this was not her fault this was the fault of humans. Like you I refused to allow her to go into kennels, (1) if she went there it would have screwed with her more and (2) if she'd shown the aggression she'd shown me then she would have only been put to sleep anyway, at least being put to sleep with us she was put to sleep with people that loved and cherished her. I wasnt with her when she got taken to the vets because if I'd have taken her then I would have not followed through with the plans and she would have walked out to attack again. The vets fully agreed with my decision as did a very close friend of mine who works closely with this type of breed and who had also worked closely with me and Storm to try and save her but in the end there was nothing that could be done because she was so seriously screwed up in the head. I hope time is a healer for you!!!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts