Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our pup Swagger died yesterday. Someone poisoned him with antifreeze.

Here's the back story. We recently moved to New Mexico, a short time before we arrived a lady was mauled to death by 4 APBTs. There has been a rash of dog poisonings since the attack.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
How awful! So sorry to hear about this. Some people are sick and twisted. If someone has a problem with your dog they should approach YOU. Hopefully you can find the (insert bad word here) who did this and give him what he deserves.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
OMG Mike that is horrible!!!!

I am shocked to read this.

I hope you find out who did it.
If you guys need anything please let me know.

Really a shame he was a beautiful dog.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Mike, this is just horrific and I hope they find and prosecute the sick, twisted individual that did this. I know it won't bring Swagger back, but people that hurt animals and family pets shouldn't be allowed to see the light of day.
All the best,
Lauren

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We suspect that a hunk of meat was injected and thrown over our fence. We feel that all our dogs were a target. Unfortunately prosecution isn't an option without a person coming forward and admitting to the crime there is little for the police to go on. At first we thought that Swagger contracted Corona virus and treated him accordingly, a course of antibiotics and subcu fluids. Though the progression of symptoms happened so rapidly. Within 2 days of symptoms he passed. He is the third bully breed pup to have been poisoned since the middle of June. The police believe it was a crime of opportunity as we just moved into our house on Sunday and the symptoms started Monday evening and he passed just after midnight Thursday morning.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
terrible way to start out in a new place . . .
I hope the police find a way to help so your other dogs and other people's dogs will be safe . . .
I am so very sorry for the loss of your Swagger . . .

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
OMG how crazy can you be..

Mike how are you going to let the other dogs out..i d crap my pants with worry..now your going to have to teach them not to eat anything lying in the yard..

so sorry for you and Mallroy..

·
Legend
5,197 Posts
Sorry to hear this Mike. I guess in light of everything that's going on with the breed in your area right now it's only gonna make things double tough for ya. Be smart, be safe.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Until we get some security measures in place the other dogs only go out supervised. We have also resorted to doing a walk through before letting them out. First order of business is a privacy screen on the chain link fence and to install motion sensor lights along the alley side of the property. Second is to brush up on the food refusal we already started. We don't work dogs in town.

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
wish you could set up a meet n' greet for your dogs and your neighbors. Like put up a table, have some lemonade (poison free), balloons, put some cute clothes on your dogs, borrow someone's kids to pet the dogs to demonstrate they are friendly. Maybe if everyone gets to know the dogs, the less they will be to hurt them.
i know, it's a little over the top, but just an idea.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
wish you could set up a meet n' greet for your dogs and your neighbors. Like put up a table, have some lemonade (poison free), balloons, put some cute clothes on your dogs, borrow someone's kids to pet the dogs to demonstrate they are friendly. Maybe if everyone gets to know the dogs, the less they will be to hurt them.
i know, it's a little over the top, but just an idea.
It maybe over the top Sara but at least they will stop and see how 99% of them are friendly(with people...there so one minded they can t see passed it..

a good idea Sara..

1 - 20 of 51 Posts