Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally taught my dog the Down command. So now the next step. How would i get her to roll over? I'm thinking while she is in the down position put a treat above her and sort of make her roll over to it. (kinda hard to explain by typing) Anyone have any clues or suggestiongs? O also I want to teach my dog a little trick where I immitate my finger as a gun and say bang and she just falls down. Any suggestions on this also will be very much appreciated. Thx

·
Registered
709 Posts
The method that you are describing will work.....

Funny story.... A good Rottweiler friend of mine taught her dog to roll over on his back with the command "dead dog" So we are at a Rottweiler breed test and my best buddy is with me (A GSD guy) and she walks up with her dog and says to her dog.... Ray would you rather be a German Shepherd or a "dead dog" well you all know what the dog did.... LOL. Even the judge saw it and was laughing! Good times!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Park said:
I finally taught my dog the Down command. So now the next step. How would i get her to roll over? I'm thinking while she is in the down position put a treat above her and sort of make her roll over to it. (kinda hard to explain by typing) Anyone have any clues or suggestiongs? O also I want to teach my dog a little trick where I immitate my finger as a gun and say bang and she just falls down. Any suggestions on this also will be very much appreciated. Thx
Bahhhh, you took my idea, i am trying to do the same thing with my dog. I have no clue how to get him on his back.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha, sorry bigut64. Thx for the replies guys I'll try this on her asap. and i'll keep you posted. Thx again.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
wrknrott said:
The method that you are describing will work.....

Funny story.... A good Rottweiler friend of mine taught her dog to roll over on his back with the command "dead dog" So we are at a Rottweiler breed test and my best buddy is with me (A GSD guy) and she walks up with her dog and says to her dog.... Ray would you rather be a German Shepherd or a "dead dog" well you all know what the dog did.... LOL. Even the judge saw it and was laughing! Good times!
LMAO!!!!....I'm still trying to work on roll over with my APBT. When he's in the down position I take a treat to the floor and then run it along(slowly) his left side. And when he looks at the treat I then go up his back. He'll start to fall on his side but just before he actually fully rolls over he jumps up and gives me his paw! :lol:

I've also been trying to teach him "Speak". But he rarely ever barks and when he does its a single bark(Woof) and thats it. So I guess we will never get that one. lol

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
I got Orson to do "roll over" and "bang".
Your idea will work. When they are "down" just put treat above head
and move it in a arc direction.
As for "bang" (play dead), the dog has to know "stay", just make them
lay on side the same way you teach "roll over" just make them
"stay" instead of rolling all the way over. I used my finger as a gun and
say "bang" and he'll roll to his side with his legs kinda up...it's funny!
Good luck!! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts