Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a garden at my old house and planted some giant pumpkin seeds a couple seasons. I think this was my second attempt at it, and this is what I got. Not bad for a rookie. I think Rosco was about 5-6 months old here and about 60# to give you an idea. I think the larger pumpkin was about 120-130#. Just thought it was a good time to post my pumpkin pic!

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
OMG look at how little he was! Well, ok, not really little, but little in compatison to what he is now! LOL What an awesome picture Lisa! :D

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
What a cute pic it is adorable!!!!!!!! Jeese i love falll!!!! that pic just reminds me how much i love it! :p

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
Those are some seriously HUGE pumpkins! They make Roscoe look tiny! lol!

Did you plant any this year? I know you just moved, so probably not...any planting plans for the future? We planted pumpkin seeds when I was a kid...it was awesome to grow our ouwn pumpkins and carve them!

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Very cute!! But I love Rosco so it isn't hard to please me :lol: When he is envolved

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone for your comments!

momtomany, I did plant a garden at my old house but not the giant pumpkins. I planted some regular sized ones and grabbed a few before the closing date to bring over here. You really need a lot of room to plant the giant pumpkins and after a couple seasons of trying it I realized that maybe my garden was a little too small. The pumpkins I grew actually pale in comparison to the size of pumpkins the seeds came from (1000# plus). My garden at the old house was about 40-50- feet long by about 25 feet wide. I was using about half that for the giant pumpkins which was not enough really. Using the whole garden would have been better but that would mean not planting anything else. I don't think i am going to do a garden here, we are almost all shade and my parents live 5 minutes away and have a huge garden themselves so I think I will just get stuff from them in the future. Less work for me :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts